Maynard High School is an above average, public school located in Maynard, MA. It has 485 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
1 Tiger Drive
Maynard, MA 01754
Maynard High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A63 Students
- A+36 Students
- B+36 Students
- A+29 Students
- B29 Students
- A-27 Students
- A-24 Students
- A+23 Students
- B-23 Students
- B23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Maynard High School
- BTewksbury Memorial High School
- Tewksbury Public Schools, MA
- 132 reviews
- B-Hudson High School
- Hudson Public Schools, MA
- PK, 8-12
- 134 reviews
- A-Ashland High School
- Ashland Public Schools, MA
- 98 reviews
- BMinuteman Regional High School
- Public School
- Lexington, MA
- 96 reviews
Maynard High School Reviews
I love how much variety comes with the extracurriculars! There's something for everyone that wants to get involved, and if they don't have it, students can make it! There's the Young Democrats, Young Republicans, Mock Trial, Play/Theatre, Chorus, Band, Acapella, Green Committee, Peer Leaders, Baking Club, Young Authors, Anime Club, WAVM, NHS, SAGA (Sexuality and Gender Acceptance), Student Government, Best Buddies, Bowling Club and a lot more.
Maynard High School has always been an incredibly close-knit community with many opportunities in a variety of activities. Academically, the classes range in difficulty. Overall, a quality education is attainable if the student puts in the work.
There are many extracurriculars at Maynard. We have a writing club, a GSA, a theatre program, a Mock Trial team, a Green Committee, a Peer Leaders group, band, chorus, Jazz band, wind ensemble, a student-run a capella group, the WAVM radio/tv station, and more. The clubs are nearly all very well-managed and it is very easy for a student to start a new club since so many teachers are willing to be an adviser. The musical groups are all really fun and pretty good. Also, most of the school is involved in some way. The band and chorus alternate between competing in either DC and Disney every two years and those trips are a blast. The radio station is almost entirely student run and is very successful. Overall extracurriculars are great. Even if they don't always come in first place competitively, they are worthwhile activities that students and teachers alike dedicate a lot of time to where you can make long lasting friends.