Mayfield High School is a top rated, public school located in Cleveland, OH. It has 1,760 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Mayfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+195 Students
- A-121 Students
- B120 Students
- B103 Students
- A-101 Students
- A+90 Students
- A86 Students
- A71 Students
- B69 Students
- A-63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Mayfield High School
- A+Shaker Heights High School
- Shaker Heights City School District, OH
- 298 reviews
- A-Mentor High School
- Mentor Exempted Village School District, OH
- 322 reviews
- A-Twinsburg High School
- Twinsburg City School District, OH
- 253 reviews
- A+Orange High School
- Orange City School District, OH
- 105 reviews
Mayfield High School Reviews
When I moved to the Mayfield district in 2nd grade from previously attending private school, I was incredibly impressed with the opportunity at this public school. As a student labeled gifted, I was set on an honors track in Mayfield that, at the high school, has allowed me to take many AP classes. I believe these classes have well prepared me for college and give. The teachers at Mayfield High School have been incredible. I truly cannot imagine a better set of caring individuals. Most of the administrators are very young and are innovative at finding fun ways to convey the material.
Mayfield High School has a lot to offer from clubs to Excel Tecc and much more. the education system is good. The teachers are good too and they're able to connect with the students but there are some teachers that are not good. Money is spent some what wisely but it isn't, the food is all from GFS and it applauds me that all the food is frozen and can't be made fresh. Most of the money is spent on the sports or other things where money doesn't need to be spent. Communication is very poor and the teachers are very opinion spoken about mostly politics or their personal life which is irrelevant and inappropriate. The school is run on popularity is what most students want and with sports or clubs, plays, etc most of the decisions that go into placing students in those things is based on popularity which is wrong. But the school's principal is amazing and getting students involved with activities or clubs or volunteer work is effective. Overall the school is a good school.
Great teachers, incredibly diverse student body, and a wide range of extracurriculars to choose from. High school really is what you make it, and Mayfield offers a lot of opportunities for its students to make the most of their high school experience!