Mayfield High School is a top rated, public school located in Cleveland, OH. It has 1,760 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Mayfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+187 Students
- A-118 Students
- B116 Students
- B101 Students
- A-100 Students
- A+87 Students
- A84 Students
- A67 Students
- B66 Students
- A-59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Mayfield High School
- A+Shaker Heights High School
- Shaker Heights City School District, OH
- 295 reviews
- A-Mentor High School
- Mentor Exempted Village School District, OH
- 318 reviews
- A-Twinsburg High School
- Twinsburg City School District, OH
- 252 reviews
- A+Orange High School
- Orange City School District, OH
- 105 reviews
Mayfield High School Reviews
Mayfield High School has a lot to offer from clubs to Excel Tecc and much more. the education system is good. The teachers are good too and they're able to connect with the students but there are some teachers that are not good. Money is spent some what wisely but it isn't, the food is all from GFS and it applauds me that all the food is frozen and can't be made fresh. Most of the money is spent on the sports or other things where money doesn't need to be spent. Communication is very poor and the teachers are very opinion spoken about mostly politics or their personal life which is irrelevant and inappropriate. The school is run on popularity is what most students want and with sports or clubs, plays, etc most of the decisions that go into placing students in those things is based on popularity which is wrong. But the school's principal is amazing and getting students involved with activities or clubs or volunteer work is effective. Overall the school is a good school.
Great teachers, incredibly diverse student body, and a wide range of extracurriculars to choose from. High school really is what you make it, and Mayfield offers a lot of opportunities for its students to make the most of their high school experience!
The teachers and other faculty members at Mayfield High School really care about their students and their success. You will see that there are many clubs and activities you can take part in. Whether you have a passion for sports, education, or music you will find that the entire district and more specifically the high school is extremely supportive. They stress the importance of acceptance of not only yourself but those around you as well which is very important nowadays.