Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Mayfield High School is a highly rated, public school located in Cleveland, OH. It has 1,787 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Mayfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+266 Students
- B170 Students
- B-168 Students
- A-154 Students
- A-130 Students
- A-124 Students
- A+119 Students
- B100 Students
- A87 Students
- B-76 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Mayfield High School
- AShaker Heights High School
- Shaker Heights City School District, OH
- 320 reviews
- A-Mentor High School
- Mentor Exempted Village School District, OH
- PK, 9-12
- 366 reviews
- ATwinsburg High School
- Twinsburg City School District, OH
- 278 reviews
- A+Orange High School
- Orange City School District, OH
- 111 reviews
Mayfield High School Reviews
The school caters to the wants of affluent parents. The achievement gap continues to grow at this school. My son is on a 504 and of color. He is in a co-taught class with nearly 100% IEP and 504 students. Affluent parents are able to pull their kids into honors courses even if they don't belong there, according to my daughter. She experienced racism on multiple occasions and it was essentially dismissed because there was no written evidence. I went to the office to drop something off and students of color were trolling the hallways-- its almost as if the staff neglects them and allows them to do what they want on purpose. This school has what it takes to be amazing, but clearly doesn't use its resources correctly. They installed a lavish space for a program with no data. Admin tweets pics of them at developments. My child's special education teachers don't get these types of opportunities according to the twitter feeds of these men.
Mayfield High School is an absolutely fantastic institution to be a part of. There's a massive diversity in the types of classes every student has the chance to take. Moreover, there are several different class types from standard to self-paced to online. In fact, Mayfield has recently implemented a full-day self-paced option for seniors. Furthermore, the administration at Mayfield is very involved with the student body and does not restrict students from any form of self-expression. The school and the students are never at odds with one another and the school definitely listens to and accommodates the students' opinions and views. Finally, there is a giant list of extracurriculars that a student can take part in and every interest is represented and encouraged.
The teachers are encouraging and supportive. They make all students feel comfortable to confront them with any issues and are very helpful with resolving the issue. The students are excepting and full of spirit!! There is a zero tolerance policy for bullying and it is strictly enforced. Fortunately, we have been blessed to be apart of a tight knit community where bullying is a rare occurrence that is taken very seriously. Our school clubs and activities also help to create a positive environment that connects students with each other and with teachers.