Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Maxwell High School is an above average, public school located in Maxwell, CA. It has 101 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Maxwell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-17 Students
- B+15 Students
- A13 Students
- A9 Students
- B8 Students
- A-8 Students
- A8 Students
- A+7 Students
- A+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Maxwell High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Maxwell High School
- B-Colusa High School
- Colusa Unified School District, CA
- 72 reviews
- CWilliams Junior Senior High School
- Williams Unified School District, CA
- 59 reviews
- C+Willows High School
- Willows Unified School District, CA
- 62 reviews
- B-Princeton Junior/Senior High School
- Princeton Joint Unified School District, CA
- 8 reviews
Maxwell High School Reviews
No matter what I will always like Maxwell High School. I have been there for its highs and its lows. My freshman and sophomore years were great and after that it slowly went downhill. It's not the school the makes the experience what is is (injoyable/uninjoyable) it's the people you share it with. This is a VERY small school and it does its best that I can given its size. I have had so many opportunities at this small school that I know I wouldn't have had at a bigger school and for that I am grateful. I wish more people would realize this and appreciate the fact that even the most I athletic people get a chance to play on a sports team (with tryouts at bigger schools this would not be possible). It's also extremely special that students at Maxwell High School know everyone's name. So what I'm trying to say is that at this time Maxwell High School is nowhere near the greatness that it has been, but I was there when it was great and it has been great in the past as well. This is my last year there, but hopefully for the classes below me, the greatness will one day return!
Maxwell High School offers the following sports: volleyball, cheerleading, football, girls and boys basketball, baseball, and softball. It's very easy to get involved in sports. Most of the time there are no tryouts and you are guaranteed a spot on the team. The clubs offered at our school are: Future Farmers of America (FFA), Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Associated Student Body (ASB), book club, and boys and girls circle. A lot of students are involved in sports and most students are in FFA (only because if you take an Ag class you are automatically in FFA. Again it's pretty easy to join a club and there aren't a whole lot of restrictions. For ASB you do have to be elected, though.
Being at very small school with 100 students we don't have the funds for a teacher for every class.Most teachers here teach 6 periods with one prep period. Each period they teach different subjects, so they seem to always be stressed in the period they are teaching. We as students don't get the proper teaching we should get.