Mauston High School is a public school located in Mauston, WI. It has 490 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Mauston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+26 Students
- B+18 Students
- A-15 Students
- B14 Students
- A+10 Students
- A-9 Students
- B9 Students
- B+8 Students
- B7 Students
- B+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Mauston High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Mauston High School
- B-Necedah Middle/High School
- Necedah Area School District, WI
- 24 reviews
- BWonewoc-Center High School
- Wonewoc-Union Center School District, WI
- 6 reviews
- B-New Lisbon Junior High School
- New Lisbon School District, WI
- 8 reviews
- CRoyall High School
- Royall School District, WI
- 20 reviews
Mauston High School Reviews
I enjoy many of the teachers, and while some could improve their teaching environments, it's very evident how much the teachers care for the students. I wish our administration would visit and see the schools and students more, they still do a decent job. I will admit, the student body tends to be cliquey, most are respectable students. They offer many courses from arts to A-P classes, it's a wide range students appreciate choosing from. Our sports programs are nice, but I would love to see different coaching staff that focus on the team aspect, the family aspect, and most of all, the winning aspect. Some of the coaches I just don't see fufilling the needs for their team.
I really loved most of my experiences at Mauston High School. Most of this has to do with the Music and Choir Department at the school. In the last three years the choir department at Mauston High school has grown so much and this is mainly do to our new choir director, Ms. Ley. I feel it is important to mention her, because I do not think I would have come as far as I have in music if it was not for her. She has been a great mentor and helped me learn so much about music and excel in the subject. Now the rest of school has great programs and amazing opportunities as well.
Mauston High was a good school to go to growing up. The classroom sizes were relatively small, so you weren't battling other students for the teacher's attention. The diversity at Mauston is rather limited to mostly white students. While not necessarily a problem, going to a college that values diversity can be a culture shock. Some of the teachers are so genuinely interested in the lives of their students and that makes getting good grades easier. But some of the teachers just don't know how to teach their students. Thus making the class a lot harder than it probably should have been. Mauston didn't do a very good job of preparing me for college but I still managed to make my way through it. Over all, Mauston isn't a bad place to be at.