Maumelle High School Reviews

Overall, I think that this is pretty good school. I saw a change in principles my freshman to sophomore year and with that came improvements. This is a public high school so it automatically has a negative connotation that comes with that. However, I think that Maumelle High school exceeds the stereotypical idea of a public school. The teachers are very involved and the staff cares about the students. There will always be distracted students but I think Maumelle does a good job of taking care of that.
As a whole, I love Maumelle High School. I do think that there are many areas that could be improved, however. For example, the organization and communication between administrators, teachers, and students could definitely be better. Also, more consistent rules and policies would make school a much greater experience for both students and teachers. Don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed my time at MHS, and I would not have wanted to be at any other school for the past four years. But, to make it even better, changes should be made.
I attended Maumelle High School my freshman through senior year and loved my high school experience. The students and Faculty were all so nice and helpful when it came to academics and other activities. In the future I'd love to see the school becoming more involved in the community and providing more opportunities for students to volunteer and find their passion through school led activities.
Start Your Review of Maumelle High School
Maumelle High School is your average high school. However, there are several clubs to join and get connected to the community, many AP and PAP classes to choose from, and even opportunities to take classes and receive college credit. And there are so many fun activities, I have had an enjoyable high school experience!
The school is so large and the rules are strict. I wish my daughter had a little less strict environment. The faculty are great and have been very helpful with my daughter having some health issues.
It’s hard to compare Maumelle High School to other schools because it’s the only high school I ever attended. I would say the experience is average, nothing super spectacular but not bad either. Maumelle High School has excellent teachers, and even though I won’t miss having to be there for eight hours five days a week, I will miss my former teachers.
The school is fairly new and has a lot of students, but the majority of teachers are not of good quality. There was hardly any challenging classes that prepared me for college. Very embarrassed by my education from Maumelle.
Excellent theater and arts departments, as well as a great engineering program, however many teachers end up being fired from here, leaving those students to the way side as they struggle to find subs.
I loved going to maumelle, it was such a big school and I loved how the school was newer. People that go or plan on going to maumelle will love it as long as they stay proactive and join clubs and participate in the different school activities that they have to offer.
My overall experience with Maumelle High School was a good experience. My favorite thing about Maumelle was the Teachers. Although MHS might not be the most prestigious School. If you are willing to put forth the work; the teachers will have your back completely! What I would like to see a change? I would like for Maumelle to offer more career ready courses.
High was decent. I had some really good times there and I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere. The teachers actually cared about you and they wanted you to succeed.
The academics were okay, not the best, but certainly not terrible. The teachers were also average, some we're great, others incredibly poor. Their clubs were amazing, lots to choose from. They have good school spirit, and great sports teams as well.
It’s a very good community based high school class that offers every student the opportunity to succeed.
I started maumelle a year ago and I was glad I made the decision to attend maumelle. I have met a lot of amazing people at maumelle. I like the school because we have fun while learning at the same time. Some of the teachers I have met so far, are so kind and helpful. They councilors at maumelle are the best, they do whatever they can to be involved with all the kids.
Maumelle High School is a great school. The teachers are concerned about their students and create a positive learning environment by interacting with their students and keeping that communication open which invites me and my peers the opportunity get the answers we need. They encouraged parent involvement by holding monthly meetings with parents giving them the opportunities to express their concerns, if any. Thought academics is the main focus, Maumelle High offers several interests such as football, basketball, baseball, track, swimming,soccer just to name a few. I
Maumelle High School started off as a great place, that I will admit. Then students figured out that breaking the rules resulted in very little punishment, so every day there was either a fight or drugs, or something stupid happening on campus. Thankfully the newest principal, Mr. Senn, fixed that problem!
The teachers at the AP level are amazing. Strong math department and art department. Many caring teachers.
Start Your Review of Maumelle High School
There are ups and downs with the administration. Some teachers have a connection with students others don't.
The administration is wonderful, the school spirit is like no other and when it comes to school events such as pep rally’s, homecoming, or football games it feel like one big family. I will say in a way it prepared me for college but in ways I was also not ready for college. The principal is the best principal you could ever ask for!
I have gone to maumelle high school for all 4 years of my high school career and ive been to other schools but they were not like maumelle. I like that maumelle teachers somewhat care about your future and try to help you prepare for it.