Maumee High School is an above average, public school located in Maumee, OH. It has 715 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Maumee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B155 Students
- B105 Students
- A+95 Students
- A-65 Students
- A-60 Students
- A55 Students
- B-51 Students
- B40 Students
- B-24 Students
- A-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Maumee High School
- ASylvania Southview High School
- Sylvania City School District, OH
- 157 reviews
- B+Bowling Green High School
- Bowling Green City School District, OH
- 64 reviews
- BRossford High School
- Rossford Exempted Village School District, OH
- 85 reviews
- BClay High School
- Oregon City School District, OH
- 150 reviews
Maumee High School Reviews
Maumee High School has been one roller coaster, I will admit. It's had it's ups and downs but I wouldn't trade my experience for the world. The majority of the teachers and staff make you feel so welcome in the building. Maumee has always had a very friendly atmosphere. I was brand new to Maumee public schools when I started my freshman year in 2014. I had attended a private Catholic grade school for eight years. I knew no one, so it was hard to make friends in the beginning. I wasn't feeling welcomed by my peers, but my teachers made me feel welcome. After about a month into freshman year however, I finally started to make some friends. Maumee High School might look like an ordinary high school and to some people, it could very well be just a regular high school. But to me, it's where I came out of my shell and started to talk to new people, where I finally became an independent thinker and learner, but most importantly, Maumee High School is where I found my second home.
Maumee High School does set very high standards academically, but I would prefer to see that the administration does not solely focus on meeting state standards and leave student opinion as an afterthought.
I enjoyed majority of High School, I wouldn't have changed anything other than the people. Now that I am graduating in less then 10 days I am sad to leave. I can see the school getting a little out of hand with the lower classmen and the way they are but maybe it is just the way they were brought up. Overall most of the teachers actually care about the success of the students as long as they try.