Mattituck Junior/Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mattituck, NY. It has 652 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Mattituck Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-39 Students
- A-38 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+28 Students
- C24 Students
- B+21 Students
- A+20 Students
- A19 Students
- A+18 Students
- A+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Mattituck Junior/Senior High School
- B+Pierson Middle/High School
- Sag Harbor Union Free School District, NY
- 50 reviews
- B+Southold Junior/Senior High School
- Southold Union Free School District, NY
- 57 reviews
- A+Westhampton Beach Senior High School
- Westhampton Beach Union Free School District, NY
- 181 reviews
- B+Hampton Bays High School
- Hampton Bays Union Free School District, NY
- PK, 6-12
- 73 reviews
Mattituck Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Mattituck High School has a very small student body, and everybody knows everybody. Some people love our small town, others wish to escape it. Personally, I feel like I'm friends with the entire community and everybody is really close-knit. Sporting events typically have large turnouts and the school has exceptional lacrosse programs and has produced some outstanding wrestlers. The teachers are dedicated to helping their students excel and I've never abhorred any that I've had. I've developed great relationships with the overwhelming majority of my teachers. All in all, I think Mattituck High School would be a great place to send a child and I've enjoyed my time here so far.
It’s a small community. Everyone knows each other which is a positive and negative both at the same time. There are not that many AP courses that are offered. Recently the foreign language department was limited to only having the option to learn Spanish. We have some great High school sports teams. The girls Lax team went to states in 2017. The boys high school baseball team also went to states in 2017 and in 2016 we were State champs!
This school has been great! I have excelled here and have had multiple opportunities for art, music and academics. Teachers here really cared abut how I was doing. School also has a great service learning opportunity for a special diploma.