Matignon High School is a highly rated, private, Catholic school located in Cambridge, MA. It has 462 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. After graduation, 95% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Matignon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+72 Students
- A+62 Students
- A60 Students
- B48 Students
- A+46 Students
- B43 Students
- B+39 Students
- B37 Students
- A-32 Students
- B+30 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 74 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Matignon High School Reviews
I liked the community feeling at Matignon. Everyone was part of a team, and we all worked together to make the school motto -- "expect excellence" a reality! Unfortunately, the school was underfunded and needed attention in many areas -- the roof was caving in, the stage falling apart, and the bathrooms in disrepair, but the gym floor was redone at least twice in the four years I attended.
I'm writing my review while my family is in quarantine due to the Covid 19 virus. I've been so incredibly impressed with the response and readiness of Matignon's staff to transition the student body to online learning with such professionalism and care. The communication has been consistent, carefully thought out and through it all, I feel like the leadership is truly concerned about my son and his well being, as well as all the students. He has received regular messaging reminding him of the importance of self care, keeping up his appearance while online and the benefits of physically activity to keep fit and support his mental well being. Staff has scheduled virtual movie nights and trivia games. I'm so grateful my son is a Matignon student especially during this very difficult time.
Excellent small private highschool. My daughter is a sophomore and loves it. Kids are friendly and polite - what a change from public schools she attended prior to this! Strong curriculum, caring and highly qualified teaching staff, great teacher to student ratio, strong school spirit, excellent opportunities for science-minded kids due to academic alliances with Cambridge biotech companies. Best decision ever for my daughter! I highly recommend this school.