Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Math & Science College Preparatory is an above average, public, charter school located in Los Angeles, CA. It has 549 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Math & Science College Preparatory Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+121 Students
- A102 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+74 Students
- A67 Students
- B64 Students
- B-62 Students
- A62 Students
- A57 Students
- B+55 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Math & Science College Preparatory Reviews
I've been at this school for four years and it's been a roller coaster. Do I hate this school? Honestly no. Do I wish school started at 9 instead of 7? Yes, I do. I miss my sleep since homework is a lot depending on the classes you get. But when it comes to the bullying policy, they're very effective and I really appreciate that they care. I used to get bullied because of my stutter, but the situation was handled immediately and didn't have any process after that, none at all. The sports are limited since we are a small school, but the school spirit is definitely there, especially at basketball games! Overall, this was a cool school and I've made amazing friends here and the teachers(most of them anyway) are likey!
Despite MSCP's size, I find myself feeling extremely comfortable in the environment because of the attention I receive from my teachers. I've grown up in small schools, so I guess you could say I grew accustomed. I always seek 1-on-1 time from all of my teachers because I like the guidance they provide me with. The staff and student body is respectful and I feel challenged in the educational sense.
The experience of this school is very good, teachers are always on our tails talking to us about what we would like to do in the future, which benefits us very much. I feel very safe in that school, to be honest i wouldn't recommend any changes at all. The reason is because there isn't any really negative things around the school, it's always positive. Like for example, the teachers are very respectful to their students always doing anything to keep their kids with good grades. That is mainly one of the negative factor, but overall this school is one of the best things i have ever attended. Therefore, i would recommend this school to any parents that is looking for any help for their kids to have a successful future.