Founded in 1950, Mater Dei is more than a high school. We are a community built on fellowship and intellectual rigor, dedicated to developing our students' talents as they pursue their dreams of academic excellence, artistic distinction, athletic glory, and spiritual growth.
Mater Dei and its students have influenced Orange County through campus ministry, the arts, academics and athletics. Mater Dei students continue to become National Merit finalists, scientific scholars, CIF champions, award-winning artists and more! Our students are characterized by curiosity, ambition and service to others. Mater Dei students take these lessons with them as they move on to some of the most prestigious universities and well into their professional lives in the worlds of medicine, law, technology, finance, education, entertainment, government, business and ministry.
Whether you’re a prospective student or parent, know that Mater Dei is a place to call home. We are a family. We are MD!
Mater Dei High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+427 Students
- A+420 Students
- A399 Students
- A328 Students
- A-277 Students
- A+258 Students
- A+252 Students
- A239 Students
- A-237 Students
- A225 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.68 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.87 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses