Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Matanzas High School is an above average, public school located in Palm Coast, FL. It has 1,705 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Matanzas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A340 Students
- grade A+281 Students
- grade B+253 Students
- grade C219 Students
- grade A219 Students
- grade A188 Students
- grade B+123 Students
- grade B+113 Students
- grade A+108 Students
- grade B+81 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 60 responses
- Sporting events23%
- School Dances (Ex: Homecoming, Formal, etc.)17%
- Fine Arts Events13%
- After school clubs12%
- BASKETBALL & FOOTBALL8%
- Lacrosse Games7%
- Soccer games5%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,751 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 44 responses
Matanzas High School Reviews
Rating 3.59 out of 5 302 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Although I’m only a junior, I feel that in these three years I’ve spent at Matanzas High School I’ve grown to know and love it. Matanzas is a fairly large high school but I’ve always felt like an individual there. The teachers we’re almost always very pleasant to work with and we’re very flexible and accommodating to every student’s learning style. The school provides many opportunities for anything a student might be interested in as well, from community service to debate club and a huge array of sports that go year-round. Like all things there are some negatives, such as the occasional lack of communication from faculty to students or slightly strange mental health protocols but overall attending Matanzas high school has been a privilege that has help me grow into the scholar I am today!
Matanzas is an awesome school! I recommend coming here to have a great 4 years in high school. The teachers are so caring and welcoming. Every teacher makes it known they are gonna work so hard for you to graduate. My favorite memories was playing steel drums, playing soccer and all our school dances. I met the man I’m gonna marry next year at MHS my sophomore year now we’re are engaged. If it wasn’t for going to MHS I wouldn’t have found him. Everyone that works at matanzas has tried so hard to make our senior year memorable with this virus going on. We’re gonna graduate on the worlds most famous race track! They sure made my senior year great even though covid-19 ruined everything they still made it special for us.
My experience at Matanzas High School was amazing. I had enrolled and completed a four year flagship program in Culinary Arts. I gained knowledge and skills in cooking for future career. I am currently attending the college of my dreams. I attend Johnson & Wales University in North Miami, majoring in Culinary Arts/Food and Beverage Management . At Matanzas High School, I maintained an A+ average in all core class and in my AP class, I had enrolled in the college readiness class as well. Graduated with a 4.0 GPA and was in the twenty-two percentile of my graduating class. I had given the opportunity for the ServSafe Food certification in my junior year and in senior year the Part I of ProStart exam at the high school. I joined the Culinary club and catered in community events. I quickly became the teacher's assisted for the Culinary classes. I took part in the AVID program and became the ambassador. Lastly, I participated in conditioning and soccer tryouts for all four year.