Matanzas High School is an above average, public school located in Palm Coast, FL. It has 1,638 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Matanzas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-282 Students
- A+246 Students
- B+213 Students
- C202 Students
- A195 Students
- A165 Students
- B+106 Students
- B95 Students
- A+89 Students
- B62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Matanzas High School Reviews
Matanzas High School is a small but incredible school. After completing my freshman and sophomore year at Flagler Palm Coast High School, I transferred due to Matanzas High School's reputation. Immediately, the school size and quality of the teachers were noticeable. The faculty and staff always appear enthusiastic to part take in the education of the next generation. Another quality that Matanzas High School boasts is their involvement in athletics and devotion to student-athletes. All faculty and students support student-athletes as they represent Matanzas on and off the field. I would recommend Matanzas High School to any student looking for an encouraging learning environment backed by focused and devoted teachers.
I made so many great memories here, the teachers were great and always supportive. The reason it is not 5 stars is because of the way they handle situations at the school. It's not necessarily bad, but they could totally up security. I think they should also be more considerate of those with mental health issues. I am very glad to say that I was happy with my experience here and the way things played out for me. I will always be grateful for everything that happened to me during my high school years.
My experience at matanzas High School was one for the books. I was involved in 3 Sports and I participated in one club,a step team, called Rhythm 'n blue. Being a student there showed how much the faculty and staff cared about their students. They took a lot of safety precautions when it came to fights and drama on campus. They tried to involve us and incorporate us and prep rallies and School field days. They were always open to giving students Community hours and making sure that you have the requirements you need to graduate.