Masuk High School is a highly rated, public school located in Monroe, CT. It has 1,163 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Masuk High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-150 Students
- B-69 Students
- B+52 Students
- A46 Students
- A+45 Students
- B44 Students
- A-42 Students
- A-39 Students
- B-39 Students
- A38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Masuk High School
- AFairfield Warde High School
- Fairfield School District, CT
- 240 reviews
- ANewtown High School
- Newtown School District, CT
- 423 reviews
- ATrumbull High School
- Trumbull Public Schools, CT
- 509 reviews
- A+Amity Regional High School
- Amity Regional School District No. 5, CT
- 311 reviews
Masuk High School Reviews
Overall an amazing experience! Teachers were always around to help and always accepted our questions or opinions. My school counselor also helped me find the University best for my major, Broadcast Journalism! The faculty here really emphasizes the idea of quality over quantity.
Throughout my four years at Masuk High School, I had an overall good experience. The teachers here very much cared about us students passing, so they did anything they could to help us. Not only that, but the students at Masuk, for the most part, treated others with respect. Of course, there were a handful of times when some students treated others poorly. However, about 80% of the students really cared about everyone’s well being. I would frequently see sticky notes on the mirrors of the bathroom, or in our lockers, providing us motivation for midterms, or just getting through school. Overall, I had an extremely fun time at Masuk, and I will miss it a lot.
Masuk has given me the greatest years of my life. The teachers all are driven to teach. There are many different clubs and activities to choose from. I actually brought a "lost" club back to life and with the help of my librarian, who's also my advisory teacher, it was quite simple. Advisory is a 15 minute session, every other week, where a group of students meet up. We have done things from cyber bullying awareness, to "spooky door" decorating contest. At Masuk I have participated in three sports, all of which were tons of fun. Once a year we have alumni day where many college students that went to Masuk come back at talk about their experiences. Most of the time they all have said that Masuk prepared them for college greatly. i personally think that I am prepared for the rigor of college thanks to Masuk.