Mastery Charter School - Thomas Campus Reviews

Mastery Thomas Campus prioritizes education before anything, providing a immersive customized learning experience. The staff is amazing and genuinely cares about all of their students allowing for everyone to feel comfortable in their learning. I started in the 7th grade and Thomas has enabled me to grow into a strong young adult. I recommend any parent to to enroll their student here. Personally, experiencing diversity at a young age has enabled me to acknowledge people's differences, but understand that doesn't define them. I was able to immerse myself in a different environment that wouldn't have been possible without Mastery Thomas.
Such an awesome school! I’ve learned so much during my 4 years! The teachers are always there when you need them for help or anything! This school has a lot planned.
Mastery Charter Thomas is a small school, but they have many resources. Teachers and students are friendly. Mastery Thomas provide mock interviews, internship and job opportunities to students. They also have many clubs and sports. Their basketball team was super good. Every teacher have office hours, and help students to work on their grade and answer their questions. We also celebrate at some holiday, and it is fun!

Mastery is an ok school. Sometimes the teachers are a bit unfair. They sometimes lie or do not do what they say they are going to do. I have noticed the whole senior experience from a parents perspective is not that great! Their are some parents that really do care and we should be kept in the loop. Not have to call the school multiple times to find out what's going on with the seniors.
Start Your Review of Mastery Charter School - Thomas Campus
Mastery Thomas focuses on their students excelling and moving forward to a post secondary institution, which is why I am so grateful to have received so much help and information from them.
Mastery is a great school. I wish the teachers were made to read the IEPs. wish they were harder on bullies and had more sports. I would love for this and all schools to have an Anti Bullying Program.
Mastery Charter Thomas Campus needs to fulfill the needs of the students- rather than faculty. Overall, the students are overwhelmed and aren't generally excited to go to school.
It is a very academic high school to me. I always be excited to go to school everyday. I really love the office hours that the students get because it is when I receive helps when I don't understand certain. The teachers are great, they never get tired of reiterating the lessons when one of us doesn't understand what's being taught.
There is no other place more accepting than my school. Known for its diversity amongst the other Mastery campuses, the Thomas campus has empowered my view of youth independence and voice. Many of these students participate in LGBT, gender, and race empowerment groups. Without the need for approval, many of these students have strengthened my belief that identity matters. My favorite memory involves students rebelling against my school's disapproval during a Black Lives Matter protest. Many of the students left school to participate in the march, only to be told that those who participate will be suspended. Unafraid, many of the students left to participate. Those who were unable to participate rebelled in school. Protests included walking out of class and blocking the hallways to imitate Black individuals who lost their lives to brutality. My school does not have the most students, but population doesn’t determine the power of passion in our voice.
My experience with Mastery Charter Thomas Campus has been quite amazing they have gave me the best skills to equip me for the future. Also when it comes to the teacher I would believe from my eyes that these are the best teachers in philadelphia. The teachers really care for my well being. And nearly pushed me to my breaking point when it comes to the work. But I am glad that they did because if they did not push me to my limits then who would. So I am grateful for being able to go to Mastery Charter Thomas Campus.
My experience at Mastery is create. Mastery has made me into the intelligent, outspoken and friendly student I am today. If it wasn't for mastery I wouldn't have even thought about going to college or ever challenged my stuff with taking AP and Honors classes. What I like about the school is the diversity and support system there. The teachers and administrators support students through almost anything and guide them to the right path in life. Some things I would like to see change about the school is the grading policy while it may be easy for some students to achieve a grade of a 76 or higher its harder for some students so I believe that the passing grade of a 76 should be lowered.
Mastery definitely gave me what I needed to make it to college. I am currently a junior in Morehouse College. Mastery helped me get college ready with the structure of the school.
It was a good experience. I had tons of fun while I was at the school, and the academics were very challenging. However i feel as though it prepared me for college.
The academics are a big change from the previous high school I was in from my freshman to sophomore year. The teachers engage with students and always have something for us to do no matter what day it is. They make sure to adjust themselves to any changes that affect the the whole school and they make sure that students are on the right track and disciplined. The academics are a challenge and they actually care about whether students go to college. They offer practice PSAT and PACT instead of pushing you straight into the real test. There are a lot of clubs offered and they offer clubs that reward you for your academic and behavioral excellence. I am happy to have transferred to Mastery Charter.
Mostly everyone feels safe. The doors are always locked and visitors are never in the building without a staff members knowledge. We have plenty of safety procedures in case of emergencies.
There are a variety of extracurricular opportunities for everyone. They made it for everyone to feel accepted. The school funds mostly all of the equipment and supplies.
Start Your Review of Mastery Charter School - Thomas Campus
My overall experience with Mastery is okay. When I first started everything was going well but as the years progressed, the system began to change causing the students to get confused. I love how each year we have culture trips and the school funds them. This is my senior year and as difficult as it may seem at times, I know I have teachers who have my back and know how to motivate me.
The teachers are very knowledgeable and they care about our learning abilities. They could learn a more effective grading policy.
High school has really shaped me as a person. I have grown as a person physically and mentally.