Massapequa High School is a highly rated, public school located in Massapequa, NY. It has 1,695 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Massapequa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-197 Students
- A-167 Students
- B+149 Students
- A+144 Students
- B+121 Students
- B112 Students
- A+104 Students
- A+103 Students
- B99 Students
- B-99 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 104 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Schools like Massapequa High School
- A+Smithtown High School - Western Campus
- Smithtown Central School District, NY
- 320 reviews
- AWantagh Senior High School
- Wantagh Union Free School District, NY
- 103 reviews
- AJohn F. Kennedy High School
- Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District, NY
- 126 reviews
- ALocust Valley High School
- Locust Valley Central School District, NY
- 129 reviews
Massapequa High School Reviews
Massapequa High School is a place where everyone can find their unique path. It builds a steady foundation for everyone’s future through the positivity, interactions between faculty and students and the amazing extra curricular opportunities. They try their best to make it a safe environment for everyone, making all students and staff feel like it is their home away from home.
I enjoy the fact that Massapequa High School has so many opportunities when it comes to field trips. I also like that Massapequa treats their music and art programs equal to their sport teams. There truly is a place for everybody at Massapequa. The relationships that students have and share with the teachers and faculty members is indescribable. The school does a great job making kids feel comfortable and safe. The privilege of having open campus is extremely nice. Massapequa is truly a great school to attend. The staff is always there to help their students and help prepare us to have successful futures. In the future I would love to see more involvement between students and more activities that connect the students on a personal level rather than a school student level.
Being a senior, I have loved my experience so far. I met my best friends and have created the best memories. Everyone in this school is very kind to one another and everyone really bonds when it come to sports or any other school organizations. This school has great resources, a new library, helpful and caring teachers, and the freedom to go out for lunch and be seen as a young adult.