Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Massapequa High School is a highly rated, public school located in Massapequa, NY. It has 1,657 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Massapequa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus234 Students
- grade A minus184 Students
- grade B+170 Students
- grade A+162 Students
- grade B143 Students
- grade B126 Students
- grade A+123 Students
- grade A+114 Students
- grade B minus114 Students
- grade B111 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 112 responses
- Mr. Massapequa20%
- SADD Halloween20%
- Shindig in the Barn14%
- The Holiday Concert14%
- School Musical10%
- Cabaret Night4%
- Football games and Foreing language festival4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$28,005 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 60 responses
Schools like Massapequa High School
- grade A+Smithtown High School - Western Campus
- Smithtown Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 332 reviews
- grade AWantagh Senior High School
- Wantagh Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 110 reviews
- grade A+John F. Kennedy High School
- Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District, NY
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 134 reviews
- grade ALocust Valley High School
- Locust Valley Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 135 reviews
Massapequa High School Reviews
Rating 3.86 out of 5 344 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Massapequa High School, previously named as a Blue Ribbon School, has a lot of diverse course options offered to students. From technology to fashion, or architecture to science research, Massapequa gives students every opportunity to explore their interests and discover a career path suitable to them. The widespread use of up-to-date technology has also aided greatly in the current state of the pandemic and has helped teachers and student communicate virtually flawlessly. Guidance is very helpful with discussing future plans, coursework, and personal issues, and there are also Career and Pupil Personnel offices for more specific assistance. The one negative I have about the high school is the lack of diversity and the older curriculum followed in classes like history. However, I consider myself lucky to attend Massapequa High School and although it has plenty of imperfections, I find it to be a good high school to attend.
Love this school and most of the teachers are really amazing people who really want us to succeed. Pre Covid there were always fun clubs and sports and after school activities available for everyone! Now with Covid they have taken so many safety precautions with desk shields, arrows in the hall, flow control with different bells, scattered seating charts. It’s different but I feel safe. There are some cockroaches around the school it’s a known problem and if you see one welcome to the family... now keep walking 😂 But yeah I love this school and the amount of opportunities it gives with multiple types of honor rolls and awards for all types of people weather it’s in sorts, art, clubs, or academics! A lot of my friends actually grew up in another school district but moved to this one and they love it here! They have moved from Brooklyn, NYC, other states, and even some catholic schools around us. PS: the chocolate chip cookies from the cafeteria are the best!!
Honestly overall MHS is not a bad school! It’s one of the best public high schools I ever saw, with every student receiving access to technology 24 hours a day. Also, the amount of electives and classes offered can barely be compared to other schools.