Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Massachusetts Academy of Math & Science is a top rated, public, magnet school located in Worcester, MA. It has 98 students in grades 11-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1.
Massachusetts Academy of Math & Science Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+88 Students
- A+68 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+55 Students
- A50 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+36 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Massachusetts Academy of Math & Science
- A+Algonquin Regional High School
- Public School
- Northborough, MA
- 221 reviews
- A+Westborough High School
- Westborough Public Schools, MA
- 206 reviews
- A+Hopkinton High School
- Hopkinton Public Schools, MA
- 200 reviews
- A+Shrewsbury Senior High School
- Shrewsbury Public Schools, MA
- 381 reviews
Massachusetts Academy of Math & Science Reviews
Mass Academy has given me so many opportunities that were inaccessible elsewhere. Its immersive, advanced and challenging curriculum has grown my love for STEM fields and helped me develop into a stronger student and individual. Being surrounded by motivated, talented and intelligent classmates and teachers has made junior year really fun!
I absolutely loved MAMS! The teachers were kind, but there was a lot of work. Ultimately, I think that MAMS brought out the potential in me as I was motivated to work harder from friends and teachers and stop doing the minimum to get by as I had done for my sending school. Overall, great experience 10/10 would recommend!
Transferring to Mass Academy was a great decision because I have been able to develop my passions in science and technology. The teachers are generally friendly and good at teaching and although the junior year workload is tough, I feel that I am academically prepared for college. Anyone who is planning on a career in a STEM field and is driven and innovative should at least consider applying here.