Mason High School is an above average, public school located in Mason, MI. It has 1,002 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Mason High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A236 Students
- B-155 Students
- B130 Students
- B+110 Students
- A+91 Students
- B83 Students
- B+80 Students
- B-42 Students
- B-40 Students
- A-37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Mason High School Reviews
For a small town high school, I feel that I got a pretty good education during my time here. The teachers here are/were phenomenal. Many of them have fueled my passions for certain subjects (Foreign Language, Business, Science, etc.). The buildings are pretty old and slightly falling apart. However, the bond they just passed should alleviate all of those problems. I feel that I was well-prepared for college.
I love the overall environment the school provides day-to-day. I especially appreciate the quality CBI Program, which allows us (as students) to interact with each member of our school family regardless of differences.
The teachers are very friendly, but can be inconsistent with homework and teaching style. The student population isn't extremely diverse, but students overall are nice and accepting. The sports teams are pretty good, some are really good, and support for athletics is great.