Mason County High School is a public school located in Maysville, KY. It has 812 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Mason County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-89 Students
- A-64 Students
- B60 Students
- B59 Students
- A-53 Students
- C+49 Students
- B-38 Students
- B+24 Students
- A-20 Students
- B-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Mason County High School
- CRipley-Union-Lewis-Huntington High School
- Ripley-Union-Lewis-Huntington Local School District, OH
- 27 reviews
- CFleming County High School
- Fleming County Public Schools, KY
- 24 reviews
- C+Manchester High School
- Manchester Local School District (Manchester), OH
- 53 reviews
- CBracken County High School
- Bracken County Public Schools, KY
- 38 reviews
Mason County High School Reviews
I love going to school at Mason County high school. Everyone is always helping each other out. The teacher's are very invested in the students and they always find time to help anyone who needs it. Our academic program provides so many options for our students. We have honors classes, advanced placement classes, and college classes in our high school which allow students to get a jump start on college credits. We also have many extra curricular activities for students to participate in. The athletic programs here are also great. The school is always supportive of our sports teams which brings our school closer together. Overall I feel that our school is amazing. It may be small and it may not have a bunch of people but the environment is very friendly.
MCHS is a great school that has amazing teachers and amazing programs. This school is very tech forwards with how each student gets there own chrome book to use for studies, and its great because the world as we know it is getting more and more digital so getting this exposure to technology use is great. This school also does not allow any form of bullying which makes this school a place for expressing emotions. Also our schools steam program is great as well, its a spin off of the nationwide stem program that includes Ag and just tackles several carrier pathways. This school is super cool and would recommend this school for anyone.
Mason County High School is, overall, a decent school. There is a large importance put on sports, and sometimes it overshadows academics. There are some incredible teachers, but like any school, they come with some equally unsatisfying teachers. Many of the clubs and extra curricular activities are top notch in the state. All in all, I believe this school needs some improvements structurally speaking; it is a little outdated. The faculty are generally ares nice as they can be. There isn't much of a bullying problem amongst students and everyone generally gets along well. Mason County High School is a good school for its size and location.