Mason County Central High School is a public school located in Scottville, MI. It has 402 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+47 Students
- B+37 Students
- B36 Students
- A36 Students
- B30 Students
- A+24 Students
- B+20 Students
- A13 Students
- C10 Students
- B-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Mason County Central High School
- BPentwater Public School
- Pentwater Public School District, MI
- PK, K-12
- 1 review
- C+Mason County Eastern Middle/High School
- Mason County Eastern Schools, MI
- 4 reviews
- NGDevelopmental Classrooms
- West Shore Educational Service School District, MI
- B+Ludington High School
- Ludington Area School District, MI
- 77 reviews
Mason County Central High School Reviews
The academics aren't that strong, mostly from lack of teachers here from budget cuts... a few years back there was a slew of options available to students, but many teachers teach many topics now to cover for missing spaces. In fact, there's two unused amazing chemistry and biology rooms, but no teacher to teach it, except in a small cramped room. THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS! :) Students may join an early college program and graduate with an associate degree or do CTE or dual enrollment out at the college!
Some of my most fond memories attending this school were playing sports with some of my closest friends. At our school we normally have a few different sports teams that qualify for state every year. I am a three-sport athlete and I am very satisfied with our sports programs. I would want to stay in this area because it is close to the beach, yet far enough to where you can have some privacy and land. Some activities I like to do is go hunting, working, swimming, skateboarding, riding dirt bikes and much more. This community is not given enough credit for all of the talents and organizations put together within this small county.
The health and safety of Mason County Central is great. We were trained for two weeks about safety from our local police. We were taught to barricade doors and to actually fight when someone invades our school with intentions of hurting my classmates and teachers. Which was actually kind of shocking because up until this year, we were taught to hide, not fight. I like it is a good idea to teach people everywhere to fight back because it reminds you of your worth. Not to just sit there with the lights off waiting to see if the intruder will find you or not. Also, a person in particular, our health teacher, is known to be the person to find when someone gets hurt.