Mascoutah High School is an above average, public school located in Mascoutah, IL. It has 1,042 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Mascoutah High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B113 Students
- B-96 Students
- B72 Students
- A+51 Students
- B-48 Students
- A42 Students
- A40 Students
- B+39 Students
- A+35 Students
- B34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Mascoutah High School
- A+O'Fallon High School
- Public School
- O Fallon, IL
- 422 reviews
- BLebanon High School
- Lebanon Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- 38 reviews
- A-Belleville High School - West
- Belleville Township High School District No. 201, IL
- 266 reviews
- B+Okawville Junior/Senior High School
- West Washington County Community Unit School District No. 10, IL
- 31 reviews
Mascoutah High School Reviews
I moved to Mascoutah my Sophomore year and was immediately treated like family. I gained friends and met many new people throughout the years. My time at the school has truly prepared me for college life and eventually life in the workforce. I have also been very blessed to have had some of the greatest teachers help me throughout hard classes. I have also been able to learn an abundance of knowledge through these teachers at Mascoutah High School. Along with learning, I have been able to compete on very competitive tennis and basketball teams all three years. Overall, going to Mascoutah High School has been a wonderful experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Mascoutah High School is a perfect place for a high school student. It offers numerous activities that channel the passions and interests of many. It truly values hard work and dedication and grows with it. The faculty of the high school are so welcoming and always ready to help! Everyone's goal is to grow with education and to share and accept knowledge. Student's opinions are highly encouraged and are always heard.
I had several classes where I felt as if I were teaching myself because the teacher did not teach or lecture during class time. Overall the staff is good. There are some issues with certain topics. For instance, the school did not allow students to walk out in support of the March for Our Lives movement. They instead promoted a kindness event that echoed social media urges that put the responsibility of preventing school shootings on students, which I, along with many of my classmates, found issue with. However, the community at Mascoutah is supportive and boasts decent sports programs. The arts programs are quickly going downhill at full fault of those in change of hiring the staff and funding, which is upsetting.