Mascoutah High School is an above average, public school located in Mascoutah, IL. It has 1,042 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Mascoutah High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B108 Students
- B-93 Students
- B71 Students
- A+51 Students
- B-46 Students
- A38 Students
- B+35 Students
- A+35 Students
- A34 Students
- B33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Mascoutah High School
- A+O'Fallon High School
- Public School
- O Fallon, IL
- 421 reviews
- BLebanon High School
- Lebanon Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- 38 reviews
- A-Belleville High School - West
- Belleville Township High School District No. 201, IL
- 263 reviews
- B+Okawville Junior/Senior High School
- West Washington County Community Unit School District No. 10, IL
- 31 reviews
Mascoutah High School Reviews
Mascoutah High School is a perfect place for a high school student. It offers numerous activities that channel the passions and interests of many. It truly values hard work and dedication and grows with it. The faculty of the high school are so welcoming and always ready to help! Everyone's goal is to grow with education and to share and accept knowledge. Student's opinions are highly encouraged and are always heard.
I had several classes where I felt as if I were teaching myself because the teacher did not teach or lecture during class time. Overall the staff is good. There are some issues with certain topics. For instance, the school did not allow students to walk out in support of the March for Our Lives movement. They instead promoted a kindness event that echoed social media urges that put the responsibility of preventing school shootings on students, which I, along with many of my classmates, found issue with. However, the community at Mascoutah is supportive and boasts decent sports programs. The arts programs are quickly going downhill at full fault of those in change of hiring the staff and funding, which is upsetting.
My experience at Mascoutah High School has been great! The staff really cares for their students and their success in future endeavors. There are many clubs within the school designed for our diverse student body and many after school gatherings within our community to show community pride. I love MHS!