Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Masconomet Regional High School is a highly rated, public school located in Boxford, MA. It has 1,140 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Masconomet Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A234 Students
- A+171 Students
- A+144 Students
- B+108 Students
- A+107 Students
- A-95 Students
- B+79 Students
- B79 Students
- A+71 Students
- A68 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 109 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Schools like Masconomet Regional High School
- AMarblehead High School
- Marblehead Public Schools, MA
- 151 reviews
- AManchester Essex Regional High School
- Manchester Essex Regional School District, MA
- 79 reviews
- AHamilton-Wenham Regional High School
- Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District, MA
- 148 reviews
- ALynnfield High School
- Lynnfield Public Schools, MA
- 112 reviews
Masconomet Regional High School Reviews
Masconomet has a really good education program that can be rigorous but overall it is fairly enjoyable. Many students have close bonds with some of their teachers where they stay after school to have conversations before sports practice or hang out in their classrooms during homeroom. This shows how comfortable students are with most of the faculty and staff and how through classes or club activities students can learn to rely on their teachers for personal or educational problems. While some teachers like getting to know their students, others are more focused on academics and behavior. If I were to change something I would have a teacher assembely where they learn how to educate students in a way that is enjoyable and doesn't feel like busy work. They can do this by incorporating it with real world situations, and not the type in math class about the amount of corn is harvested each month but things that could be helpful to studets when they are adults or living on their own.
I personally liked my guidance counselor at Masconomet Regional High School because he helped me get the support I needed when I was struggling. I would also like to appreciate the guidance I had with one of the school therapist that met with me once a week to check up on how I felt while being at school. I also want to appreciate the academic support program at the school, and my coordinator that helped me through times when I did not understand work. They all taught me self advocating skills that I will be able to use throughout the rest of my life. Overall I felt pretty confident in Masconomet Regional High School with the programs I was provided.
Overall Masco has an excellent academic curriculum and teachers that want to help their students succeed. Masconomet offers a variety of courses in several different levels. They make sure that there is something to interest everyone. Some of my favorite classes have included Bioethics (Honors), AP Human Geography, and Global Economy. My only complaint is that the environment is fairly competative and students are often stressed about how they are doing in comparison to others.