Masconomet Regional High School is a highly rated, public school located in Boxford, MA. It has 1,187 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Masconomet Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A195 Students
- A+152 Students
- A+119 Students
- A+90 Students
- A-88 Students
- A-72 Students
- B+67 Students
- A+60 Students
- B59 Students
- B52 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 105 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Masconomet Regional High School
- AMarblehead High School
- Marblehead Public Schools, MA
- 140 reviews
- AManchester Essex Regional High School
- Manchester Essex Regional School District, MA
- 74 reviews
- A-Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School
- Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District, MA
- 138 reviews
- ALynnfield High School
- Lynnfield Public Schools, MA
- 105 reviews
Masconomet Regional High School Reviews
I personally had a rough start. Between moving to Massachusetts and making friends, the atmosphere of a school can make a big difference in my experience. I’ll admit, the education here is pretty good, even their music and arts program is good. However, the people here absolutely are terrible. Everyone is rude to each other, and there is a strong cliquey vibe to it. It’s probably from the fact that the community is very closely knitted together, but I know it’ll probably won’t change as much even after I graduate. I just wish for my year to go by smoothly and then I’ll set off to college. Basically, I go here for the education, not the people. Anyone who goes here should do the same.
Overall I had a very positive 4 years at Masco. I was presented with many opportunities to try new things due to the vast amount of clubs and activities that the school provided to students, and as a result, I was able to branch out and own every second of my high school experience. I love how the teachers at Masco are always there to help the students, and it feels as if they always have the students best interests in mind. If there was one thing that I could change about Masco, it would be to add a turf field to the athletic facilities. As a soccer player at Masco for four years, I can say that the grass fields are not exactly optimal for soccer, and turf fields would be a great addition to our school.
The school has great facilities, teachers, and academics. The teachers themselves, are interested to come to work each day, most make their classes engaging and they are always willing to assist a student who needs assistance. After school help is also offered Mon-Thurs for all teachers. Tri-town, which Masco services, is a rich, white community, so the diversity in the school is rather lacking. The high school itself is about 97% white. Many os Masco's sports teams are excellent, attending and winning state and even national championships. The school has a wide array of clubs and activities offered and there are electives made available to students with every interest. The school is very safe. There is always law enforcement on campus during school hours and emergency services are close by.