Masconomet Regional High School is a highly rated, public school located in Boxford, MA. It has 1,272 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Masconomet Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A176 Students
- A+143 Students
- A+106 Students
- A+79 Students
- A-75 Students
- A-59 Students
- B+56 Students
- A+50 Students
- B50 Students
- A48 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 101 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Masconomet Regional High School
- A+Marblehead High School
- Marblehead Public Schools, MA
- 130 reviews
- AManchester Essex Regional High School
- Manchester Essex Regional School District, MA
- 72 reviews
- AHamilton-Wenham Regional High School
- Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District, MA
- 130 reviews
- ALynnfield High School
- Lynnfield Public Schools, MA
- 97 reviews
Masconomet Regional High School Reviews
The school has great facilities, teachers, and academics. The teachers themselves, are interested to come to work each day, most make their classes engaging and they are always willing to assist a student who needs assistance. After school help is also offered Mon-Thurs for all teachers. Tri-town, which Masco services, is a rich, white community, so the diversity in the school is rather lacking. The high school itself is about 97% white. Many os Masco's sports teams are excellent, attending and winning state and even national championships. The school has a wide array of clubs and activities offered and there are electives made available to students with every interest. The school is very safe. There is always law enforcement on campus during school hours and emergency services are close by.
Masconomet has excellent academics. It is also very proud of its athletics, which is ironic because Masco severely lacks school spirit. I wish it did more to acknowledge academic achievements because it does a great deal to acknowledge athletic achievements. It is a primarily white enrollment due to the population of the Tri-town being largely mid- and upper-class white residents. I wish there was more diversity in the student body, but since that is not necessarily dictated by Masco, I wish, instead, that Masco employed more POC teachers.
Masco's education system prepared me for college beyond what I expected. However through my four years in the high school, the phrase "well it depends on what teacher you have" was one I thought was far too common. In a given course, two teachers could vary in level of difficulty, and curriculum even which I found frustrating. Socially, there is every club you could ask for, and it is really easy to be in one or more. Diversity and school culture are ranked pretty low because for diversity, many students are their own person which makes the school diverse in that sense. However race wise it is almost all white students and faculty. Culture wise grade levels are not very unified, so there is not a lot of "culture", and as far as sports, many of the coaches simply do not care. Not to mention the price it costs to play these sports.