Mascenic Regional High School is a public school located in New Ipswich, NH. It has 337 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Mascenic Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-32 Students
- B-21 Students
- B-13 Students
- B-13 Students
- B12 Students
- A+10 Students
- C+10 Students
- B8 Students
- C7 Students
- A+5 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Mascenic Regional High School
- B-Conant High School
- Jaffrey-Rindge Cooperative School District, NH
- 72 reviews
- C+Wilton-Lyndeboro Senior High School
- Wilton-Lyndeboro School District, NH
- 17 reviews
- B-Narragansett Regional High School
- Narragansett Public Schools, MA
- 43 reviews
- B+Milford High School
- Milford School District, NH
- 187 reviews
Mascenic Regional High School Reviews
Mascenic Regional High School resides in the small town of New Ipswich, NH. The annual budget is regularly quite low, so often times teachers are laid off or are forced to leave for their own sake, not allowing certain classes to run. Some of the teachers are great at their jobs, while others were simply hired because there was little or no competition. The school prides itself on making sure all students graduate, but doesn't ensure that the education being received is of good quality. There is very minimal college preparation, they guide you through setting up your naviance and common app accounts, but anything other than that you will have to learn elsewhere. The school's diversity is almost nonexistent, so any children going to this school will not be exposed to many different cultures. On the bright side of things, it is usually quite a peaceful school and it's small population make it easy to know most people in each class.
Mascenic is a very small high school in rural New Hampshire. With a student body consistently less than 400, Mascenic provides a very unique learning experience. Ultimately, students decide what to make of Mascenic, and what they will take away from their experience there. Such a small population provides students with opportunities that might not be available in other districts. Leadership positions within the school tend to be less competitive, positions on varsity rosters more readily available. Those who take advantage of these opportunities will go leaps and bounds. I have taken advantage of every opportunity presented at Mascenic, and unlike those at Mascenic who do not set goals for themselves and strive to achieve, I can confidently say that my experience at Mascenic has been one of a kind, but still invaluable.
I have 64 kids in my graduating class, and we have less than 400 students in the entire high school. Due to the small community we are in, it is difficult to get kids to be motivated towards school activities or academics. Again, since we are so small, we don't always receive the same resources or opportunities as a school with 4,000 kids might. However, if you work hard and you don't fixate on the negative aspects of Mascenic, you will be able to enjoy your time here and make it worthwhile.