Maryville High School is a highly rated, public school located in Maryville, TN. It has 1,246 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Maryville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-393 Students
- B186 Students
- B173 Students
- B168 Students
- B-131 Students
- A+121 Students
- B115 Students
- B94 Students
- B75 Students
- B+75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 68 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Maryville High School Reviews
Maryville High school is great! They promote academic excellence, which I appreciate. I only wish they would allow a little more independence.
Maryville High School is overall a great school. Most of the teachers are great with students and other staff. Academics are top notch. Of course, football is what Maryville i known for, but I would love to see more of an equal distribute of money and care put into the other organisations like the orchestra, or the choir, as well as even other sports like tennis. Also more diversity. the majority of students at Maryville are Caucasian, and being a minority, it would great to see more diversity at Maryville
I transferred to MHS at the start of my junior year. Coming from a school with only 400 students to a school with 1,500 student I was very scared. My first day the students were all welcoming and wanting to reach out and help me. I was introduced to many different people and they all accepted me. The teachers were all very welcoming and helped me when I looked lost and made me feel at home. To any new student who is thinking about attending MHS I would suggest it to them because of the surroundings and the people. Everyone at the school makes you feel at home and its very comforting. The thing I would like to see a change in is the parking situation. There isn't enough parking spots for all the students. Therefor, students have to park on the streets and to me that can be dangerous. I had to park on the street my junior year and everyday I would dread having to walk in and cross the street because of people speeding by.