Maryville High School is a highly rated, public school located in Maryville, TN. It has 1,182 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Maryville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-376 Students
- B174 Students
- B164 Students
- B158 Students
- B-121 Students
- A+117 Students
- B112 Students
- B83 Students
- B+74 Students
- B67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 65 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Maryville High School Reviews
Maryville High school is great! They promote academic excellence, which I appreciate. I only wish they would allow a little more independence.
I transferred to MHS at the start of my junior year. Coming from a school with only 400 students to a school with 1,500 student I was very scared. My first day the students were all welcoming and wanting to reach out and help me. I was introduced to many different people and they all accepted me. The teachers were all very welcoming and helped me when I looked lost and made me feel at home. To any new student who is thinking about attending MHS I would suggest it to them because of the surroundings and the people. Everyone at the school makes you feel at home and its very comforting. The thing I would like to see a change in is the parking situation. There isn't enough parking spots for all the students. Therefor, students have to park on the streets and to me that can be dangerous. I had to park on the street my junior year and everyday I would dread having to walk in and cross the street because of people speeding by.
I think that Maryville High School is great for preparing their students for their future responsibilities both at various colleges and in the work force. The administration does a fantastic job with helping students with any concerns, and most teachers on staff are incredible at engaging with the students. The sports are also a huge attraction for the student body. The student body at Maryville has always been the kind that strive to be the best they can be, and that is in no small art due to the faculty. Maryville High school has always been the kind of school that has balanced both the need for continuous academic improvement and the need for students to be prepared for real life experiences.