Maryville High School is an above average, public school located in Maryville, MO. It has 469 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B99 Students
- A60 Students
- B+27 Students
- B+26 Students
- B25 Students
- A-19 Students
- A12 Students
- C10 Students
- C+9 Students
- A9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Maryville High School
- B+South Nodaway High School
- South Nodaway County R-IV School District, MO
- 20 reviews
- BJefferson High School
- Jefferson C-I23 School District, MO
- B-Northeast Nodaway High School
- Northeast Nodaway County R-V School District, MO
- 7 reviews
- CWest Nodaway High School
- West Nodaway County R-I School District, MO
- 6 reviews
Maryville High School Reviews
Maryville High School is a small town school. The teachers are very educated and know what they are doing. MHS offers dual credit classes which can be taken as college credits, which is extremely helpful to save money on future classes. There is also a technical school connected to the high school, which provides students with more options with specialized classes like nursing, welding, agriculture, and collision repair. Overall, Maryville High School and the district as a whole has helped me in my successful college career this far.
Maryville High School is an overall wonderful experience. Just recently, a new performing arts center was built. It holds about six hundred people, and the school will utilize it for school plays and assemblies. This facility meets the needs for the students who enjoy the arts, as MHS is looked at as a football-loving school. The teachers all genuinely care about their students, as they go out of their way to help students get a great education. The counselors are equipped with information for seniors and even juniors looking for post-secondary opportunities. Maryville High School earns four stars in my eyes, because nobody can be perfect but MHS comes pretty close.
Maryville High School has multiple different programs to help the students decide what field they want to go into for their career. It gives them choices of science, engineering, fine arts, and history to go further into studies with. The students are given an opportunity to get college credit for the higher education classes.