Maryville Christian School Reviews

I absolutely love the academic program at MCS! The teachers know you well due to the small class sizes which allows for a more personal approach to education. While the academics are good, the facility overall could use some renovations, but they do strive to provide improvements as the funding comes. There are not that many clubs or extra curriculars provided through MCS and little diversity can be seen within the students and teachers of the school. Other than those few examples, MCS provides students with an excellent Christian-based education in a very safe environment.
We have seen too many families leave this school due to a failure of the administration and school board (consisting of parents) to address bullying. The lead administrator is very meek and will not stand up to the group of parents who run the school. We will be pulling our children from this school after this year due to the way they treat children and parents who are not part of the "in" clique. They talk a good game about Christian values but certainly do not live them. Too expensive for what you get and how you are treated.
Overall terrible experience. Bullying is tolerated and not addressed as they would have to admit they have a problem with bullying. Certain parents wield too much control over the school. Many of the kids, especially children of staff members are very entitled and get away with everything. Problems between students that occur outside of school are never resolved between parents as many of them love to run to the school and point out the shortcomings of others while not acknowledging their own problems with their kids. Christian education does not equate to practiced Christian values.
Start Your Review of Maryville Christian School
Very caring and concerned for education and overall well being. Excellent teaching staff over the years and overall trips, orchestra, groups and sports.
I am an independent study student with Maryville Christian. The support and encouragement I have received has been positive and beneficial for my high school studies. I also played two sports witht e school and enjoyed the time I spent with the other students and sports program.
I feel like MCS is one of the best schools to gain a knowledge of Christ in each class you take. The teachers are very hands on and they want to get to know you> they will also go out of there way to help you in any way. I have been at MCS starting from Kindergarten And I am now in 12th grade. I would recommend Maryville Christian School.
Overall positive--wish music was stronger.
Small classrooms allow for individualized teaching.
I like this school because of the small classes and teachers know me.
Teachers are very caring and supportive
Parent involvement is a top priority. Many parents volunteer.
The administration is fair. The guidance counselor is very helpful and supportive.
The Admin is wishy washy and can't make decisions
Again i've been here 13 years. I love it but im ready
Its been great i've been here for 13 years
All of the programs i have participated are awesome
I would not have wanted to attend any other school. The homework was long and difficult, my parents often worked over 40 hours a week to be able to send my sister and myself there, and I am very lucky and blessed to have gotten to attend for 10 years.
Start Your Review of Maryville Christian School
This is a nondenominational Christian education, for those who are not open to this kind of faith-based teaching, probably should avoid sending their children. There are Bible classes taught every year and my favorite, apologetics.
There are numerous clubs available and sports that students can participate in regularly, from golf to equine sports to soccer and baseball, volleyball and basketball. There are others, such as cross-country and cheerleading. Orchestra and choral as well as one large school production every year. There are many activities available to students.
Bullying is addressed promptly most of the time and can be addressed among the students and dissolved. There have been times when parents and principles have had to be involved and students have been expelled from the school for bullying. The school nurse is a volunteer/mom/registered nurse who is very caring towards the students.