Maryvale High School is an above average, public school located in Cheektowaga, NY. It has 679 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Maryvale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A79 Students
- B-46 Students
- B-33 Students
- B-31 Students
- B-29 Students
- C+29 Students
- B28 Students
- C+19 Students
- B19 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Maryvale High School
- B-Tonawanda Middle/High School
- Tonawanda City School District, NY
- 69 reviews
- B-North Tonawanda High School
- North Tonawanda City School District, NY
- 72 reviews
- BFrontier Senior High School
- Frontier Central School District, NY
- 93 reviews
- BLackawanna High School
- Lackawanna City School District, NY
- 21 reviews
Maryvale High School Reviews
My overall experience was great! I enjoyed my classmates and most of the teachers. The administration could use some work, I have had nothing but bad experiences when looking for help. The atmosphere of the school around homecoming and football games is incredible. I just wish that the same enthusiasm carried out through the rest of the school year. I would like to see more of an emphasis on after school programs whether it be sports, clubs, music programs, etc.
Maryvale is a great school for any child. Teachers are accepting for all, they are all pretty great at their job in their own ways. Sports thrive at Maryvale and here at Maryvale there’s nothing you can’t do if you put your mind to it. Being in Cheektowaga students are close knit and have been together since kindergarten in most regards. Students are all very accepting as well. Maryvale is a fantastic school for any student because it is very diverse as well.
Maryvale is a school that I have been proud to be a part of. The teachers were super friendly and we have a great administration you don’t really feel like your in your typical classroom while at Maryvale. Due to the fun activities, fun out of school events Maryvale has made the past 4 years of my schooling great. It is a very diverse school with so many nice students it was easy for anyone to make friends. I would definitely enroll my future kids to Maryvale high school.