Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Marysville High School is an above average, public school located in Marysville, MI. It has 878 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Marysville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A193 Students
- grade B minus143 Students
- grade B136 Students
- grade B+135 Students
- grade B121 Students
- grade A+114 Students
- grade B+104 Students
- grade B+92 Students
- grade B89 Students
- grade B minus78 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responses
- Band competitions17%
- Sport events17%
- Senior Play10%
- Spirit Week10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,085 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 20 responses
Schools like Marysville High School
- grade BRichmond Community High School
- Richmond Community Schools, MI
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 112 reviews
- grade BPort Huron Northern High School
- Port Huron Area School District, MI
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 210 reviews
- grade unavailableWoodland Developmental Center
- St. Clair County RESA, MI
- PK, K-12
- grade C+Memphis Junior/Senior High School
- Memphis Community Schools, MI
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 19 reviews
Marysville High School Reviews
Rating 3.87 out of 5 137 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Marysville has very high expectations for it students! The teachers are amazing at helping the students reach these expectations. Marysville is a great school to attend. I have lots of opportunities to expand my learning through the classes provided and there are plenty of athletic opportunities as well. The thing that I wish would change about Marysville School District is that I wish it allowed for the students to have more creativeness in spirit weeks and in our spirit assemblies. Marysville struggles with letting the kids have more of a voice. I wish the students had more opportunities to leave their mark.
I very much enjoyed my time at Marysville High School. I enjoyed many of my teachers and most of my peers were great! Like any school, marysville has had it's fair share of issues. One issue that was very persistent was the lack of individuality that the school allows. They never permitted any signs along lockers or hallways, or even posters above the drinking fountain. Students were not able to show their creativity, compared to many other schools. The school is definitely above average, but the procedures and administration could use some help. A school isn't just where kids learn, it is where they grow up for many of their young years, and it is not fair to over-limit the amount of creativity and fun activities for the sake of education and uniformity.
It was a great 4 years! Classes are good and student-based. Staff and teachers are always willing to help out students in the classroom setting. Again, I had a great high school experience at MHS.