Mary Star of the Sea High School Reviews

-dedicated teachers
-engaged staff
-family environment
-welcoming
-students are involved and happy
-parents are equally happy and involved
-feels clean and safe
-absolutely Catholic
It's really a fantastic place to be!
It is a small community. Teachers are average and some are not skilled in their perspective classes.
I liked how most of the people there were super inviting and warm. When I came as a freshman, I was really shy and nervous, but the people there made me really feel like it was my second home. What I want to see change is the campus life. Seniors are not allowed to do the things they want to do as seniors because the administration doesn’t want the upperclassmen to feel left out, and this is really unfair because senior year is the most important year.
Start Your Review of Mary Star of the Sea High School
Wonderful people that are always willing to help. The Principal knows every students name. Academics are phenomenal.
Great school with strong Catholic identity. Strong academics for high achieving students. Great for students that have special needs.
Mary Star is a mess, but they did encourage me to grow in my faith. Classes weren't too hard, but some faculty and students are incredibly biased and racist. I'd suggest finding a small, strong group of friends. Most students are from San Pedro, and everyone in San Pedro seems to be related to one another so they aren't inclusive at all.
Mary Star is a facade that puts up its best and most shining students as their face, while they hide the truly disrespectful, lazy, and prejudiced students they hold underneath. The majority of their students are bullies and a lot of their faculty is very hush hush about the problems that happen within their walls. I would not recommend this school to anyone seeking a good solid education or an encouraging peer environment. The classes are below average and their sports teams are only successful due to the funding they receive. You’re better off sending your kids to a good private school and Sunday school on the side.
Mary Star High School is an excellent Catholic School! I would dare to say it's one of the best in Southern California.
it's an overall good school, however, there is not a lot of flexibility with the classes. For example, if you decide to take a foreign language and honor biology that happen to be in the same period, you will have to pick one.
I like the small community at Mary Star. Everyone knows you on campus, and it is really easy to find somewhere to fit in. The teachers care about your well-being and the staff/faculty all want to see you success. Despite sounding cheesy, the school does feel like a home away from home.
Coming from a public school, Mary Star offered the community of like-minded people that I needed but never experienced before. The strong Catholic ideals upheld at Mary Star will stay with me for the rest of my life. The small school was the best part for me. Teachers and other staff know your name and their approach to teaching is personalized from student to student.
Supportive environment, very clean, serene and attractive campus, promotes faithfulness and citizenship.
What i liked about Mary Star is that they are very focused on you to graduate. They do whatever they can to help you no matter what. Overall it was the best 4 years of my life.
Mary Star was a great experience as well as having a 1 on 1 help from the teachers because classes aren't that big sobthe teacher really gets to know you and make you feel important compared to bigger high school where teachers don't notice their student. The sports of Mary Star are very fun and everyone can play because at Mary Star we are all one as a family. If my child were going to Mary Star I would enroll him right away so that he could have a awesome experience as I did .
Attending Mary Star has probably been one of the greatest decisions I could've made regarding high school. Coming from a small Catholic school, I knew that I wouldn't be able to thrive if I were to put myself in a gigantic public school. One thing we like to emphasize at Mary Star is "small school, countless opportunities". I received just that. Right off the bat, there was not one second where I felt left out or alone despite me being one of the only people coming from my middle school. They gave me the opportunity to serve on ASB, president of Key Club, participate in countless of extracurricular, be a 2 sport varsity athlete, compete on Academic Decathlon, all while maintaining an average 4.0 GPA with challenging classes and cultivating my faith. Mary Star gave me the best 4 years of my life and I highly recommend it.
As a transfer the school community was very welcoming. Sports teams push you to succeed but care about your academic success. The teachers and administration are very welcoming, supportive, and friendly
MY EXPERIENCE AT MARY STAR WAS THAT I WAS ABLE TO CONTINUE MY EDUCATION WITHIN THE CHURCH, IT UNITED ME WITH MY FAITH AND IT HELPED ME MATURE QUICKLY. IT GAVE ME A BETTER AND BRIGHTER VIEW OF THE WORLD ITSELF AND HOW TO APPRECIATE THE CHANCE TO BE A VOLUNTEER AND HELP OTHER PEOPLE. THE THING THAT MARY STAR SHOULD CHANGE IS SOME OF THE TEACHER THEY HIRE, IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR THE STUDENTS IF THEY HAD MORE ATTENTION SEEKING TEACHERS AND NOT JUST ANY ORDINARY TEACHER THAT THEY FIRST SEE OR FIND.
Start Your Review of Mary Star of the Sea High School
It's a great and enjoyable environment. The administration and teachers all really care about helping you succeed. However, the counselors could step up their game a bit more.
The school is great, although I wish that the school provided students with more advanced placement classes and a variety of elective for student to chose from which can help students decide on their interests.
The teachers at Mary Star of the Sea High School in San Pedro, CA are excellent! They strive to provide students with great education, and ensure that they are prepared for college and the real world. The teachers work hard each and every day to make the school campus a secure and safe place for students to come and learn each and every day.