Mary Persons High School is an above average, public school located in Forsyth, GA. It has 1,214 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 34% in reading.
Mary Persons High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+147 Students
- B+137 Students
- B+100 Students
- A-96 Students
- B-84 Students
- B75 Students
- NG73 Students
- B64 Students
- C+55 Students
- B51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Mary Persons High School Reviews
Some of the factors that contribute to my love for Mary Persons is the respect everyone has for one another, the drive for academic accomplishment, and the overall high school spirit! While here, I have never once been told that I cannot do something; furthermore, I have always been encouraged to overachieve even when the task seemed daunting. A nice improvement to the school would be to evaluate the teachers more often. Although the school as a whole is great, certain teachers veer off topic quite often, and grades may suffer because of it.
I love the teachers there. Nothing motivates me more than seeing a teacher that genuinely cares about your education. I feel like the teachers care about my success in their class and my future. I love the clubs that we offer. I honestly feel like their is something for everybody. We are a football school, and I absolutely love cheering at Mary Persons. I enjoy being a part of FBLA, Beta, Student Council, Spanish Club, and Spanish Honor's Society. The only thing that I would want to see change would be is more overall support for other sports other than football. I would like to see more people supporting volleyball, softball, and even basketball.
I've been to many schools during my school career and so far Mary Persons is my favorite. It's extremely focused on their students actually enjoying the school. When I first went there sophomore year, I was invited to a free lunch to discuss how I was liking it so far and how it was different from my old school. That connections made the transfer to this new school easier. There are also incentives for good behavior and good grades which encourages students to excel. After only being here a year, I feel really connected. There are so many clubs to choose from. A lot of the teachers allow students to stay after school or come before to help if there having trouble on the topic being learned. College readiness is a check. Mary Persons allows juniors and seniors to have two college visit days per semester. Overall, Mary Persons is an amazing school!