Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Mary G. Montgomery High School is a public school located in Semmes, AL. It has 1,977 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Mary G. Montgomery High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B538 Students
- A263 Students
- A-220 Students
- B+206 Students
- A205 Students
- B+194 Students
- B186 Students
- B-160 Students
- B149 Students
- C-97 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Mary G. Montgomery High School Reviews
Mary G. Montgomery High School is a great overall school. The teachers and principals really do make their best effort to help students succeed. They are really focused on ACT and helping students in any way to raise their score. They believe in their students. The student life itself is also very good. Football games is where all the students come to rally together and show their support. And not even for just football. At most volleyball and basketball games you will see a student section cheering the team on. Our school took tons of school buses and drove over three hours to support our basketball team! The clubs and activities to join are endless and you are bound to find where you belong there.
I rated Mary G. Montgomery a four because every school has kinks to work out, but our school is heading in a great direction. Our principle is always so glad to be there and is always interacting with the students. He makes sure that everyone is following the rules, we have access to the best learning, and that we have some fun while doing it all. Our teachers deeply care about our success and they are always so nice. Although Mary G. Montgomery has it's rough days too, there's always a way we turn it good.
I love Mary G! It is a great high school with many outstanding teachers who truly care about my wellbeing and my success as a student. I enjoy going to school there, and my peers are all very kind.