Mary G. Montgomery High School is a public school located in Semmes, AL. It has 2,096 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 30% in reading.
Mary G. Montgomery High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B373 Students
- A178 Students
- A151 Students
- A134 Students
- B128 Students
- B119 Students
- A-109 Students
- C+107 Students
- B90 Students
- A-50 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Mary G. Montgomery High School Reviews
At MGM, I have discovered so much about myself. My freshman year I was not planning to stay because I wanted to attend the Alabama School for Math and Science, but MGM changed my mind. I absolutely love the band and the students in the school. It has been the greatest 4 years of my life and I will never ever take that for granted. I want to thank all the staff and students for making MGM the best possible school I could have ever attended in my entire life. MGM has set me on a path for greatness and I will make the most of it. Thank you MGM!
My high school experience at Mary G. Montgomery High school was excellent! I was involved in numerous activities as well as on honor roll. I was on the Golf team as well as MGM's Marching Band Colorguard. I was on the SWAT Team, Students Working Against Tobacco, and was the treasurer for it. I was also on the Student Council as Secretary. I was the Visual Ensembles Uniform Captain and the Robotics Club President.
As a senior at Mary G Montgomery high school I’ve had many memorable experiences. Being involved in numerous activities and clubs has allowed me to meet new people and expand my horizons throughout high school. The teachers and staff have always been positive and motivating towards me. Academics and extracurricular activities are very present at Mary G Montgomery high school. There are clubs and organizations for all different types of people. My school has many positive things going on, however, I feel as though there needs to be better lunch, and a new coaching staff for football. With these few changes Mary G Montgomery high school, in my opinion, would be the best high school in Mobile, Alabama.