Martinsville High School is a public school located in Martinsville, VA. It has 625 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Martinsville High School Rankings
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B61 Students
- A55 Students
- A+54 Students
- B+53 Students
- B52 Students
- A+48 Students
- A-40 Students
- B-29 Students
- C+28 Students
- A-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Martinsville High School Reviews
My experience at Martinsville high school, has been incredible despite the odds.We have many clubs and sport teams that do fairly well.Speaking for me a varsity cheer captain I love this school and the spirit it brings to the fans. Honestly, this school has prepared me for the outside world teaching me more about my characteristics.This school being one on one really helped me and the students who needed that extra push.This school really works with students and tries to push them to do more and beyond my gpa is a 3.7 and I'm in every academic club gaining leadership skills for college.I honestly believe that my school will change the faces of the students,and make a better world.
At Martinsville high school you will have some good teachers and some horrible teachers. During all my time there the work never challenged me. I was one of the smartest people in my grade. However, I was NOT prepared for college coming out of this school. Granted, I am going into an engineering program, so it will be hard. But since the work at Martinsville was so easy, I never learned and study skills and that hurt me when I got in college. Overall, I was not challenged at this school.
There are teachers here that have come to this school as a last result for a job. The teaching staff is mostly okay and quite a few are awesome! but the administration is bad. For example, this school year the adminstration waited until the first day to give out schedules and they were messed up. The guidance counselor would not take any requests to change classes until after the first week. There are some teachers here that are qualified to teach certain subject, but the adminstration has them teaching another class. Not to mention, we are under Academic Review. Another thing my school does badly is that they waste money a lot. They built a greenhouse my freshman year and claimed it would be used the next year, but it's been around 2 years now and we haven't even done anything related to using it. Also, they bought around 6 TVS around the same area in the commons (which is redundant) I've actually learned more from other programs outside of school than I ever have here. People from other schools who have came here hate it too. honestly, you should send your kids to Basset or Magna Vista because they are extremely better this school.