Martinsville High School is a public school located in Martinsville, IN. It has 1,558 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Martinsville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A163 Students
- B-108 Students
- B+105 Students
- A+97 Students
- B82 Students
- A-64 Students
- NG64 Students
- B49 Students
- C43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Martinsville High School
- B-Brown County High School
- Brown County School Corporation, IN
- 44 reviews
- B-Mooresville High School
- Mooresville Consolidated School Corporation, IN
- 255 reviews
- B-Monrovia High School
- Monroe-Gregg School District, IN
- 88 reviews
- C+Indian Creek Senior High School
- Nineveh-Hensley-Jackson United School Corporation, IN
- 134 reviews
Martinsville High School Reviews
My high school experience was one of hard work, fun, and knowledge. I was able to meet new people, learn from many, and experience life changing events. This school is climbing in many levels with new changes in administration and identity. While there were many things that needed to be changed and still do this school helped me to become who I am as a hard working successful student. I truly believe that each student decides their success, not the school that they attend. Determination and a good attitude along with support are what bring success and good fortune. I am thankful for what my school was able to give me and I am very proud that they are working toward a brighter future for current and upcoming students!
It feels like all they care about is sports. And not all sports, specifically football. I know high schools are stereotyped to pay more attention to football/sports but I never expected to have to live in that school. As someone who participates in many things and knows many other people in clubs and even other sports, I've noticed that at things like pep rallies those clubs and other, non-football, sports only get a cursory acknowledgment. I constantly see and hear announcements to go to the football game coming up but rarely there is anything about going to a soccer game, or to go to whatever play is coming up, or to go to the robotics club competition, or anything like that.
Martinsville High School is a place where everyone is welcome. The staff and students work together to make Martinsville a place where students want to go. Everyone is very outgoing and willing to help whenever someone is in need. Martinsville is a safe place to be. There has never been a time that I have felt unsafe in my school. If someone is worried about something, someone will take the time to help that student and make them feel comfortable. Something new is always being added to the school to make the experience at Martinsville a good, fun, memorable experience.