Martinsville High School is a public school located in Martinsville, IN. It has 1,509 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Martinsville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A215 Students
- B+146 Students
- B-140 Students
- A+138 Students
- B116 Students
- A-85 Students
- NG82 Students
- B76 Students
- B68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Martinsville High School
- C+Brown County High School
- Brown County School Corporation, IN
- 53 reviews
- C+Mooresville High School
- Mooresville Consolidated School Corporation, IN
- 266 reviews
- C+Monrovia High School
- Monroe-Gregg School District, IN
- 90 reviews
- C+Indian Creek Senior High School
- Nineveh-Hensley-Jackson United School Corporation, IN
- 143 reviews
Martinsville High School Reviews
Want to take a step back to the 50's? Martinsville is the place to do it. However, I'm not talking about milkshakes and high-waisted swimsuits. Known for being the city with the last running KKK group, MHS's admin team has fought a long fight to end the stigma around racism in the town. This has failed. As a transfer my junior year, I was blasted away by the amount of homophobia, racism, sexism, and downright ignorance displayed at MHS. When the school received a shooting threat with a date on the bathroom stall, they told all parents that there WAS NOT a shooting threat and definitely no set date. This seemed to work until students began posting photos of the threat from the bathroom wall. If you want your child to have a subpar education and be taught by some of the least equipped to be educators, send them to MHS!
My personal experience at Martinsville High School so far has been pretty great! I have made life long friends here and have had some pretty great memories. It also has it's down falls though. One is that there are hardly any windows. But to be honest, I think Martinsville High School is a pretty great school academically and socially.
I would really like to see a change in curriculum at Martinsville High School. The current curriculum is outdated. I would also like to see a change in how students are treated by administrators and teachers. There are plenty of instances in which teachers and administrators have been rude to students. The facilities could also use numerous improvements. The floors and bathrooms always seem to be dirty and there's paint chipping all over the place. Martinsville High School is a good school, but many improvements could be made.