Martin Luther King Jr. Magnet High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-207 Students
- A+182 Students
- B129 Students
- B+113 Students
- B-102 Students
- B96 Students
- C+70 Students
- B51 Students
- A+42 Students
- B+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 152 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.70 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.69 responses
Martin Luther King Jr. Magnet High School Reviews
Review Martin Luther King Jr. Magnet High School
Martin Luther King Jr. Magnet High School is a well-rounded academic magnet school. It is one of the top schools in Nashville, Tennessee and has won Blue Ribbon Awards! This school is a family, everyone here is united as one. The dynamics in diversity is unbelievably amazing. The school's teachers are phenomenal with their many degrees and doctorates. Their superb teaching and mentoring has groomed many fine MLK Alumnus. Our school's history is embedded within the fabrics of this country . This school not only has scholarly attainments but also a stunning sports team. Being a royal is everything and more. Being a royal means: Respect , Opportunity, Young Excellence, Authenticity, and Loyalty. I am proud to be a "Loyal Royal".
MLK has a diverse and very friendly school atmosphere. I met people from many different backgrounds including culturally, economically, socially etc. Coming to this school at age 11, I was unsure on what was required of me in high school and beyond. But, with the help of the extremely caring and dedicated teachers, I was able to flourish in an environment that was both friendly, but underlyingly competitive. In my past five years in this school, however, I have come to learn and acknowledge MLK's faults. This largely includes the resources available to us as students. We are unable to expand the library and various online research tools to assist us in our studies. Additionally, the administration is largely uninvolved with the student body. Despite these shortcomings, however, MLK remains one of the best schools in Tennessee and strives to become better and more predominant with each passing day. My time in this school will forever remain an unforgettable and enriching experience.
Martin Luther King Jr. Magnet High School definitely has changed from the time I was in 7th Grade till now as I am a Senior who will be graduating in 2017. The Diversity is great, but that's about it. Majority of the teachers are more worried about Test and being reviewed than the are actually teaching. Majority of the Coaches from the sports teams are piss poor and are not preparing students to play at the Collegiate level if they wish. The safety is great though, there are rarely any fights. The food isn't that bad, but of course it could be better. The facilities are improving, they are added onto the school and renovating the historic parts of the school.