Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Martin County West Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Sherburn, MN. It has 220 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Martin County West Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B21 Students
- A12 Students
- B9 Students
- A7 Students
- B+7 Students
- A6 Students
- B6 Students
- B-6 Students
- A6 Students
- A-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Martin County West Senior High School Reviews
I went here for a while sophomore year. Old, sketchy school. If you're looking for diversity or decent people this is not the place to find them. Anyone coming to this school had better be white and have known everyone there since 1st grade or you will be treated rudely as I was, the entire school is one giant, small minded clique. The school is so small that half the students in one class are also in your next, so if you don't like them, tough luck!
Martin County West high school is a public school that allows any student to get the same education as the next. This school is full of highly trained professionals who are willing to help students achieve great things and want to be there to give them the boost they need to strive. Martin County West is known for excelling not only on their home fields and courts in sports, but also for pushing the limits in their test scores. MCW is overall an amzing school that has given me the knowledge and the life lessons that I will carry with me throughout my life.
Overall, sorta beat up, sketchy, and has been known to have many 'incidents'. There is a startling amount of substance abuse by students under the surface.