Martha Layne Collins High School is an above average, public school located in Shelbyville, KY. It has 1,083 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Martha Layne Collins High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-170 Students
- A-152 Students
- B-104 Students
- B-100 Students
- B55 Students
- B50 Students
- B-46 Students
- A46 Students
- B-36 Students
- B+32 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Martha Layne Collins High School
- B-Shelby County High School
- Shelby County Public Schools, KY
- 135 reviews
- B-Spencer County High School
- Spencer County Public Schools, KY
- 142 reviews
- BEminence High School
- Eminence Independent Schools, KY
- 35 reviews
- AEastern High School
- Jefferson County Public Schools, KY
- 483 reviews
Martha Layne Collins High School Reviews
I personally love my high school! I love how they're really focused on bringing the students together, the pep rallies, the clubs, the Friday night football games its such a fun time. I've made memories and friends at this school that will last forever and I couldn't be more grateful. they offer dual credit classes which I love, I'm always stressing about my future but my school has helped me figure so much out. the only thing I would change about Martha Layne collins is it being 7th-12 just because its always a little packed and a little hectic.
Martha Layne Collins High school is a very good school. Being a new school, they are always looking for new ways to improve learning and teaching methods. Like any other school there are some things that could be changed, but Collins works hard to try and see the things that need changing. I think that all schools in general, but especially my school, Collins High school should implement more student based teaching methods, where it is focused on their own personal abilities passions and talents rather than the standardized one size fits all way of teaching and constant testing. Many students like me are more creative minded rather than numerically minded, and don't do as well on testing but still get good grades in school, and have different ways they learn better, than the one way they teach that is expected to work for everyone but it doesn't always. But Collins is a great school and I expect great things in the future.
This school give you so many opportunities to expanded your knowledge. We have assistance from every teacher for college and career ready goals. We grow with our teachers and stay in touch with them, through out our whole high school experience. Every Teacher is willing to come early or stay after school, to improve students learning and understanding. We get to experience multiple career pathways to help with our life goals, all the way from engineering to biomedical sciences.