Martha Layne Collins High School is an above average, public school located in Shelbyville, KY. It has 1,029 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Martha Layne Collins High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-157 Students
- A-138 Students
- B95 Students
- B-93 Students
- B+53 Students
- B+46 Students
- A-44 Students
- B42 Students
- B-35 Students
- C+29 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Martha Layne Collins High School
- B-Shelby County High School
- Shelby County Public Schools, KY
- 130 reviews
- B-Spencer County High School
- Spencer County Public Schools, KY
- 134 reviews
- B-Eminence High School
- Eminence Independent Schools, KY
- 35 reviews
- A-Eastern High School
- Jefferson County Public Schools, KY
- 465 reviews
Martha Layne Collins High School Reviews
I loved the teachers! Most supportive and caring teachers I’ve ever experienced. Administration was way too concerned about “making everyone college and career ready” they barely punished anyone. Took away our bathroom useage as punishment for the entire school when it should have only punished a small group of students.
What I liked about Martha Layne Collins is that the teachers are very helpful and the counselors are great! The teachers and counselors, both go out of their way to help you and make sure that you do good in school. They aren't like any other teachers/counselors at other schools, they show that they believe in you and want to help you succeed.
I loved the teachers and the involvement the last few years of my high school experience. Teachers began setting up trips out of the country that turned out to be really good experiences for all the students and teachers involved. They also revised our safety standards the past few years which made me feel safe while I was at school. They followed up with you if you reported any problems and really cared about what was happening. They also improved some of the food options and were trying to get students to try new things. Overall, I enjoyed my high school experience at Collins High School.