Martha Ellen Stilwell School of the Arts is an above average, public school located in Jonesboro, GA. It has 542 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Martha Ellen Stilwell School of the Arts Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+170 Students
- A+129 Students
- B-117 Students
- B-95 Students
- B-87 Students
- B84 Students
- B+81 Students
- A+67 Students
- A-66 Students
- B-60 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Martha Ellen Stilwell School of the Arts Reviews
The learning environment is outstanding due to the great staff. If you’re having an issue whether it’s school related or not, the staff cares enough to listen and gives great advice on how to handle the situations as I know from experience. Stilwell is like one big family that’s bonded together through the arts. The fine arts teachers for each major are outstanding at what they do and presents great showcases throughout the school year. Overall, Stilwell is a great school, and I am proud to say that I’ve attended all four years here and will be graduating with the Class of 2019. Thank you Stilwell!
Martha Ellen Stilwell School of the Arts was the first high school I attended. My first impression of the school was "Wow, this looks like some kind of school out of one of those high school drama movies." In the front was tall glass windows, it was three levels high, and it was well taken care of. However, this was not why I enjoyed going to this school. It was the teachers, students, and activities only Stilwell offered that stood out. Unlike other schools, Stilwell had no sports. However, they did offer classes of the arts, including things like piano, drama, chorus, guitar, and art. The school also had specific teachers devoted to these arts and you could feel their passion in their teaching. Not to mention the diversity of the students. Apart from the teachers, the students made the school a great experience. They all wanted to learn a specific type of art and this made it easy to find people who had the same kind of talent and passion as I did.
Stilwell is an amazing place for students who want to be prepared to compete globally. This school offers an enriching and engaging environment that allows students to be the next future innovators and thinkers. In addition, Stilwell offers a variety of classes that prepare you to excel in both your fine arts and future endeavors. With a diverse population of students, Stilwell promotes a welcoming environment.