Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Martha Ellen Stilwell School for the Performing Arts is an above average, public school located in Jonesboro, GA. It has 597 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Martha Ellen Stilwell School for the Performing Arts Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B279 Students
- A+204 Students
- C+160 Students
- B-136 Students
- B133 Students
- B-132 Students
- B+113 Students
- A+103 Students
- B-92 Students
- C+91 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Martha Ellen Stilwell School for the Performing Arts Reviews
I think this is a great school especially for those who have a passion for the arts! Teachers are very focused on student development and strive to be the best in the nation. The administration is very informative and care about student success. The students are very fun, friendly, disciplined, and talented. I'm so glad I have been afforded the opportunity to attend Stilwell School of the Arts and would not have changed it for the world!
The learning environment is outstanding due to the great staff. If you’re having an issue whether it’s school related or not, the staff cares enough to listen and gives great advice on how to handle the situations as I know from experience. Stilwell is like one big family that’s bonded together through the arts. The fine arts teachers for each major are outstanding at what they do and presents great showcases throughout the school year. Overall, Stilwell is a great school, and I am proud to say that I’ve attended all four years here and will be graduating with the Class of 2019. Thank you Stilwell!
Stilwell has a rigorous program that challenges students to balance core subjects and the arts. This school is overall a top school because of their code of conduct and curriculum. However, I'm not really fond with the atmosphere/ environment. The students there can be somewhat depressing and it can be difficult to make friends with others that are not in your major. I also feel like there should be a little more freedom in the arts program because most students come their to pursue in their major. It can be hard to know what is happening and what programs they have available at the school. It's hard to connect with the counselors and know about events since we are trying to be prepared for college. Overall, Stilwell is ranked as one of the top performing art schools because of their academics, but I wish their were more uplifting students that have a passion for their major.