Martha Ellen Stilwell School for the Performing Arts is an above average, public school located in Jonesboro, GA. It has 605 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Martha Ellen Stilwell School for the Performing Arts Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B178 Students
- A+135 Students
- C+120 Students
- B-98 Students
- B-91 Students
- B86 Students
- B+85 Students
- B+70 Students
- A+69 Students
- B-62 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Martha Ellen Stilwell School for the Performing Arts Reviews
The learning environment is outstanding due to the great staff. If you’re having an issue whether it’s school related or not, the staff cares enough to listen and gives great advice on how to handle the situations as I know from experience. Stilwell is like one big family that’s bonded together through the arts. The fine arts teachers for each major are outstanding at what they do and presents great showcases throughout the school year. Overall, Stilwell is a great school, and I am proud to say that I’ve attended all four years here and will be graduating with the Class of 2019. Thank you Stilwell!
As I reflect over the past four years of high school, I am grateful for the experience. I’ve accomplished many milestones from handling difficult situations to pushing myself beyond my comfort zone. Throughout my high school tenure I participated in many organizations that would give me different exposures. The organizations include, Students Against Destructive Decisions (S.A.D.D.), Student Government Association (S.G.A.), Young Historians, International Club, and the News Cast Team, just to name a few. However, the organization I adore the most is I Demonstrate Educated Beauty (I.D.E.B.), a club working to educate and empower young women.
I've attended Stilwell for a full three years and I'm currently preparing to finish my last year. As I've progressed through this school I've been met with unique individuals, professional teachers, and caring administration. You can tell the adults at this school genuinely care about their students and their readiness for the outside world. Not only do they offer academic excellent but an outlet for creativity no matter what art you major in. This is an amazing school and id recommend anyone to go to this school.