Martensdale-St. Marys Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Martensdale, IA. It has 274 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Martensdale-St. Marys Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A24 Students
- A21 Students
- B-15 Students
- B+15 Students
- B-12 Students
- B9 Students
- C+9 Students
- B9 Students
- B-6 Students
- A-6 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Martensdale-St. Marys Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Martensdale-St. Marys Junior/Senior High School
- BWinterset Senior High School
- Winterset Community School District, IA
- 102 reviews
- B+Carlisle High School
- Carlisle Community School District, IA
- 87 reviews
- BIndianola High School
- Indianola Community School District, IA
- 265 reviews
- B-Southeast Warren Junior/Senior High School
- Southeast Warren Community School District, IA
- 6 reviews
Martensdale-St. Marys Junior/Senior High School Reviews
The school is a very small school, we have roughly 600 kids pre-K through senior, and the community is very tight knit. We have been good at baseball and basketball, and since we are such a small school everybody who goes out is garunteed to play a little bit. We are not very diverse but that is just because we live in rural Iowa.
The extracurriculars at this school is average. You have the basic sports like wrestling, basketball, volleyball, track/field, cross country, and football, then there is cheerleading. We also have a few clubs, but not many. The most popular at this school are the sports. Another thing you can do is go to the after school sporting events at night. The volleyball games are the most fun because the student section gets into it and has a lot of fun.
This school is a small school in the middle of Iowa. Its a small community where barely anything dangerous happens. Although bad things can happen anywhere they don't usually happen in Martensdale. I think that the security we have is good at this school. The doors are locked all the time during school hours and only unlocked in the morning before school and after school. Its also very clean. The janitors are great at what the do. The school nurse is also very awesome. She someone that you can go to about anything ranging from a bleeding scratch or you just want to talk to her about something going on.