Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Marsing High School is an above average, public school located in Marsing, ID. It has 262 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Marsing High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B52 Students
- B-43 Students
- A-43 Students
- C30 Students
- B+29 Students
- B21 Students
- B-20 Students
- B-18 Students
- B+17 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Marsing High School Reviews
The best thing about Marsing High School is the small size. Teachers have the ability to interact in a very personal way with students that help to improve them, not just academically, but personally. I know for a fact my college readiness has improved dramatically from my freshman year and that is all due to my amazing teachers. My experience in clubs has also been great! Also whenever anybody needs anything the parents are extremely helpful and eager to do so. The math teachers are also exceptional and as a student that has had trouble in math I can say that they really helped me. The school has a close tight community and that is reflected in the town gathering for sports.This is an overall amazing school and I am so lucky to be a part of it.
My experience at Marsing high school has helped me grow academically and socially. Going to a small school has it’s advantages and disadvantages. One of the disadvantages are the fact that the music and arts program is not very good because of the amount of students involved with sports. The bright side of this is that our sports programs are great, getting to play with the same girls on my basketball team since elementary school really builds tight bonds. The academics at Marsing are great, we are grateful to have such dedicated teachers that not only care about our academic future but care about us as people. We build respect as well as friendships with our teachers. The last thing I would address about my school is that we all become a big family. As cliche as that sounds it is nothing short of the truth, going to school and playing sports with the same kids since elementary builds sibling like bonds that we will carry beyond our high school years.
I attended Marsing schools from 2nd grade on. The teachers were either really good or they didn't really care what you were doing. The administration got better the longer I went to school there with multiple changes taking place. English, Math, and Science classes I felt like excelled with the curriculum and the teachers but everything else in the academic was lacking. Sports at this school have not been great for a long time. Overall I would say this is about an average school.