Marshwood High School is an above average, public school located in South Berwick, ME. It has 713 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Marshwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B98 Students
- A-59 Students
- C+47 Students
- B-46 Students
- A+27 Students
- A-27 Students
- A+26 Students
- C+24 Students
- C+23 Students
- A+19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Marshwood High School
- A-Exeter High School
- Exeter Region Cooperative School District, NH
- 307 reviews
- A-Wells High School
- Wells-Ogunquit Community School District, ME
- 112 reviews
- APortsmouth High School
- Portsmouth School District, NH
- 137 reviews
- B+York High School
- York Public Schools, ME
- 116 reviews
Marshwood High School Reviews
I loved all the great students and the access to great resources. Most teachers were prepared and planned ahead for each class. I found the library a wonderful, stress free place to study or hang out with friends. One aspect I did not enjoy about my school were that backpacks were not allowed in classrooms. Therefore making it difficult to carry all my textbooks around from class to class. There several clubs to choose from, keeping me busy everyday after school!
Marshwood High School is a good school at surface level. As you continue at Marshwood, the administration and the lack of diversity can be troubling. The administration does not seem to care very much about the students, they’re much more focused on what the parent’s and the community’s perception of the school. Although there are some wonderful guidance counselors at the school, a few seem overwhelmed by the workload and aren’t always a great help to the students, even when they reach out for help. As I said, the school is fine at surface level, but in the depths, the students struggle and have little support.
The school administration was entirely unsupportive of students with legitimate problems, often punishing students with in school suspension for simply asking questions about policies. They also openly favored sports over music and arts, going so far as to remove the winter guard from the gym during their scheduled gym time so that an unaffiliated adult sports team could use the facility.