Marshwood High School is an above average, public school located in South Berwick, ME. It has 741 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Marshwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+93 Students
- A-55 Students
- C+42 Students
- B41 Students
- A-26 Students
- A+25 Students
- A+24 Students
- B-22 Students
- B-20 Students
- A+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Marshwood High School
- A-Exeter High School
- Exeter Region Cooperative School District, NH
- 285 reviews
- A-Wells High School
- Wells-Ogunquit Central School District, ME
- 108 reviews
- APortsmouth High School
- Portsmouth School District, NH
- 130 reviews
- B+York High School
- York School Department, ME
- 115 reviews
Marshwood High School Reviews
I went to Marshwood for Vocational schooling and it was an amazing experience. I loved going there every day for half of my day it was a really nice break from NHS. While I was there I was taking the CNA clinical program and had a very nice teacher, very flexible and good person. The food was so good!! I would bring money with me every time I was there because their lunch compared to NHS was luxury food. I would recommend any person to put their children through the RSU 35 district because of the experience I had and the great opportunities I had there. I do not believe there is something they could work on.
MHS was an overall great school. They have a curriculim fit for multiple student levels, and you can earn college credit with all their AP/ Dual enrollment options. Their guidance department helped me find what I wanted to do, and persue. The staff is very supportive and will give you the tools for a valuable secondary education.
Overall, my experience at Marshwood was good. The school could be very authoritarian at times and the administration sucked, but on the other hand, I had some wonderful teachers and some very good classes.