Marshfield High School is a highly rated, public school located in Marshfield, WI. It has 1,211 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Marshfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+109 Students
- A+60 Students
- A-52 Students
- B+44 Students
- B+43 Students
- B+26 Students
- B+25 Students
- A21 Students
- B20 Students
- B17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Marshfield High School
- BPittsville High School
- Pittsville School District, WI
- 25 reviews
- BSpencer High School
- Spencer School District, WI
- 34 reviews
- B-Auburndale High School
- Auburndale School District, WI
- 29 reviews
- B-Stratford Junior/Senior High School
- Stratford School District, WI
- 10 reviews
Marshfield High School Reviews
I only attended Marshfield school district my four years of high school. Overall, I was pleased. With a few exceptions, the teachers that I had were wonderful! I absolutely loved all of my English and History teachers! The counseling staff was terrific! There was great extracurricular activities for all interests as well.
This school has a lot more academic opportunities than most schools. I transferred to this school my junior year and I loved it. It was a focused school that was very friendly. Friends are made very easily as long as you are willing to get involved in your classes or the clubs. Music is fun to get into, especially marching band. I had the opportunity to go to Disney with the music department and had a blast. Tiger Warm-Up day is a good day to show up early with money for donuts. The only thing I didn't like was that the school did away with a lot of things that make high school fun, especially in the higher grade levels. There is no pranks allowed, even if they are all small and harmless to everyone involved and most of the typical high school homecoming activities have been replaced with ones that are childish and boring.
The teachers here are amazing! Of course there are going to be some that are more challenging to work with or don't seem quite as qualified as the others but most of them are above and beyond. The social studies department in particular (since that's where I spend most of my time) is absolutely incredible. Nearly all of the teachers are able to answer any questions a student may have, they encourage work and involvement both in and outside of class, and genuinely care about their students.