Marshalltown High School is a public school located in Marshalltown, IA. It has 1,408 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Marshalltown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A207 Students
- A159 Students
- B-144 Students
- B+131 Students
- A29 Students
- B28 Students
- B-28 Students
- A22 Students
- B-21 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Marshalltown High School
- CSouth Tama County High School
- South Tama County Community School District, IA
- 64 reviews
- BWest Marshall High School
- West Marshall Community School District, IA
- 45 reviews
- B-BCLUW High School
- Bcluw Community School District, IA
- 39 reviews
- B+East Marshall Senior High School
- East Marshall Community School District, IA
- 42 reviews
Marshalltown High School Reviews
I appreciate my PIER teachers and administrators. They helped me to be successful. I enjoyed my science classes and science teachers. Our school has lots of elective class choices. There are a wide variety of math and science classes. I enjoyed my Project Lead The Way classes. The teachers are helpful. They want us to succeed. We have numerous clubs, speech, drama, band, and sports to be involved in. The PIER group is a very good addition to the high school. It is a great way for students that are missing credits, or need to make up credits, to be able to be successful and graduate. I would not have been able to get back to school, get caught up, and graduate without of the help of the administrators and the teachers in the PIER group.
Marshalltown High School is a nice school to attend. Within my first year there I have been able to participate in many different activities. I enjoy swimming, dance, band, orchestra, and extended learning programs. I have been involved in all of these programs since I started high school in August 2017. I plan to go out for soccer in the spring. These activities have given me the opportunity to get to know many new people and use my talents to help others. I have also had the opportunity to take a college class and advanced classes at MHS. Taking these classes help me to explore the many careers that I am thinking about in the future. I look forward to the remaining 3 1/2 years that I have left at MHS. I will continue to explore opportunities that I have available at MHS. I feel that I will be more than ready to go out into the world prepared for college and my future.
What I liked about MHS is the cultural diversity, and the teachers. The teachers do care for their students, and actually some teachers are willing to go out to lunch with students. The teachers help students out and make sure they do not fail. The sports and extracurricular activities are very well, and the coaches and directors of it are great. The music groups are always trained at and expected to perform at a professional level.