Marshall Senior High School is a public school located in Marshall, MO. It has 817 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Marshall Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+55 Students
- A53 Students
- B45 Students
- C+35 Students
- C33 Students
- B24 Students
- B+20 Students
- A-12 Students
- B11 Students
- A10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Marshall Senior High School Reviews
It is a small school that offers several options to become successful! There Are Clubs, sports, Academic clubs. There is something for everyone!
Overall, high school was pretty great. MHS is all about student involvement and Owl Pride. They always pushed students to participate in activities and spirit days. Another great thing about MHS was that the teachers were always there to help you when you needed it. I think that one of the only things I would like to see changed at MHS was the overall condition of the high school building itself. There were issues that needed to be addressed but never really got the attention they needed and instead those funds were spent on unnecessary purchases.
I loved all of the school spirit that came from Marshall. The community was generally always very involved and supportive of the school. The coaches care about their players and the teams are more like families. There is something for everyone here and it always seems to be a fun and learning environment. Teachers try to ready their students for the real world, challenging them. They put in extra time at the beginning or end of the days when asked.