Marshall High School is a public school located in Marshall, TX. It has 1,404 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Marshall High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+140 Students
- B120 Students
- A100 Students
- A+100 Students
- B+82 Students
- B77 Students
- B-75 Students
- A-75 Students
- B+70 Students
- B+63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Marshall High School
- B-Jefferson High School
- Jefferson Independent School District, TX
- 35 reviews
- B-Waskom High School
- Waskom Independent School District, TX
- 44 reviews
- BElysian Fields High School
- Elysian Fields Independent School District, TX
- 50 reviews
- A-Tatum High School
- Tatum Independent School District, TX
- 93 reviews
Marshall High School Reviews
Faculty & Staff aren't caring. They let the students run over them. They do not have their stuff together. Poor education. Lots of drugs running around in the school. Students skip class/school all the time. The school is worn down, out of date and desperately needs a remodel! The food is terrible. They care more about football than academics. Mainly African American Population. Not successful at getting students college ready.
In my opinion, Marshal High School is a very diverse school that serves for growth and achievement. The teachers and counselors are very helpful, especially Mrs. Harrison she makes sure you are college ready. If theirs is one thing i could change about Marshall High School is the food. The food isn't so great at Marshall High, for example some foods are very cold and not well done. That leads to something else i do not like about Marshall High, is the cleanness . The students their can be very messy at times in leave their trash in the hallways excepting for the custodians to pick up after them. Therefore my overall experience at Marshall High School would be a 4, but i'll always be proud to be a Maverick!
My experience in MarshallHigh School, was Okay . Can't say it was wounderful , but over all it was average. The most important thing I would change is the food. How would you expect for students do their best without a good source of proteins. Another thing the I would like to be changed is the way of teaching.