Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Marshall High School is a highly rated, public school located in Marshall, MN. It has 841 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Marshall High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B124 Students
- A116 Students
- B-79 Students
- B67 Students
- B+58 Students
- B40 Students
- A-38 Students
- A35 Students
- A+34 Students
- A30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Marshall High School Reviews
I love Marshall High School. We have some of the most dedicated, caring, and intelligent teachers out there. Our teachers are working even harder than usual during our online school due to Covid-19. I have had numerous Microsoft Teams meetings with the classes or just one-on-one with my teachers. My email is blowing up with staff from the school, checking up on how us students are doing. Marshall High School is devoted to equipping students with all the tools they need to succeed. Whenever Marshall graduates come back to town, they brag about how well their high school teachers prepared them for college classes. Marshall offers so many different sports, fine art activities, clubs, and other other activities. There is no shortage of activities, from volleyball to math team to the fall musical. Marshall High School and its staff have helped to grow my love of school and make me the person I am today.
The thing I praise most about Marshall High School, is our music program. We have all 4 fields of art performance, Theater, Choir, Band (and marching Band), as well as a very strong String Orchestra program. The marching band is, they have gone to national marching band competitions multiple times. Our orchestra program which I am in has a extremely dedicated teacher, who often presents new music opportunities to the board which is almost always gladly accepting because of MHS's strong support of music. Our Choir goes and sings at festivals often and our theater does around 5-10 plays a year! Everything is heavily student involved and very democratic. The music program is what I believe to be the strongest thing at MHS, and that has inspired me to follow my passion and go to college for Violin performance. Because of these characteristics of MHS, it makes it feel like a family more than a giant mass of students, and educators. MHS truly is a role model High School.
The school atmosphere is welcoming once you walk in. The teachers want you to succed in thier classes and find colleges. All the events are fun to go if you have some free time. The food is amazing! There is a variety you can eat and the school takes health allergies serious. The counselors help you find scholarships if you're struggling to find some. The Ramp Up program they institute helps students prepare for college and what you can expect.