Marshall High School is an above average, public school located in Marshall, MI. It has 854 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Marshall High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A132 Students
- B+120 Students
- A+83 Students
- B+79 Students
- B-73 Students
- B68 Students
- B+59 Students
- A-38 Students
- B-37 Students
- A-35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Marshall High School
- NGEastern Calhoun Early College
- Marshall Public Schools, MI
- 3 reviews
- B-Homer Community High School
- Homer Community School District, MI
- 35 reviews
- B-Harper Creek High School
- Harper Creek Community Schools, MI
- 107 reviews
- B+Lakeview High School
- Lakeview School District (Calhoun), MI
- 159 reviews
Marshall High School Reviews
I have gone to the Marshall High School all 4 years and they have all been fine. Some things I love about this high school is the teachers! Although there will always be the few teachers who make the other good teachers look bad, the majority of the teachers do outstanding jobs and almost all the teachers I've had I've really enjoyed having. Besides the teachers though, Marshall High School is an average school with average education, sports, and facilities.
My overall experience was pretty good. I feel as though I was just lucky to have had a good experience because of who I knew. I wish there was more AP opportunity, and the discussion of the importance of AP discussed. I wish there was more clubs to do community service. I wish their wasn't biases based off of who you're related to. All in all I had a good experience. I loved most all of my teachers. I love our Marshall community and our pride especially for our sports teams. I love the REDHAWK PRIDE especially being the 4th generation to have graduated from there in my family.
Marshall High school has a wide variety of sports teams and clubs for all student bodies. The sports teams are very successful and they offer a fair chance to everyone who goes out and all have a good fund built up. The clubs at this school also offer a safe place for people of all different kinds, whether it be our GSA (Gay-straight alliance) or our robotics club there's something for everyone! And if there isn't a club started there's always the opportunity to start one, the counselors and teachers are amazing at supporting the students interests.