Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Marshall High School is an above average, public school located in Marshall, MI. It has 824 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Marshall High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A201 Students
- B+166 Students
- A+129 Students
- B+109 Students
- B-98 Students
- B95 Students
- B89 Students
- A-57 Students
- B-56 Students
- A-55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Marshall High School
- B-Marshall Opportunity High School
- Marshall Public Schools, MI
- 3 reviews
- B-Homer Community High School
- Homer Community School District, MI
- 37 reviews
- B-Harper Creek High School
- Harper Creek Community Schools, MI
- 124 reviews
- B+Lakeview High School
- Lakeview School District, MI
- 176 reviews
Marshall High School Reviews
I enjoyed the students, especially those who participated in music programs and activities. Mr. Root, Mrs. Burdette, and Mrs. Ransom are fantastic teachers who are dedicated to the success of their students!
Marshall is very fun if you are involved in high school life. I go to many of the sporting events and it is very fun. But, with the new principle some rules have been taken too far such as needing to wear lanyards everyday. Also we cannot have our phones at any time during the school day. Almost all of the teachers are very smart and prepare students for college. Although, sometimes not all the information about opportunity's is shared. Overall, I like Marshall, but some of the new rules have gone to far.
I liked the size of Marshall High School, as it is quite small. However, there is an abundance of options for classes meeting various needs. Furthermore, I felt that learning was the priority at the school. This learning was not based on memorization, but rather skills that are valuable for one’s future career or education.