Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Marshall High School is an above average, public school located in Marshall, AR. It has 363 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Marshall High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-94 Students
- B75 Students
- B-71 Students
- A-51 Students
- B+19 Students
- B-18 Students
- B16 Students
- B-14 Students
- B-13 Students
- A-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Marshall High School Reviews
Marshall High School has a lot of pros and cons about the place. The school engaged in the flex-place system for my junior year. The idea was to have smaller class sizes and create a learning opportunity in hopes for students to make the transition from high school to college easier. Students used the LMS called Canvas for all assignments and teaching materials. However, this has recently changed. There are now hard deadlines for students at the end of each nine weeks. There is also a rule that each student must receive a 70% or higher in every class. Overall, the student body is well run. Sports and other extracurriculars are well-acknowledged as well.
I began and ended my entire school career in the Searcy County School District. What I loved the most about this little school district was the closeness of the students! No matter what, all students got along (for the most part) and worked together. What I liked the least about this school district is the staff seems to play favorites. Being a small town, everyone knows everyone, so some students receive better treatment than others.
Marshall High School is an average school with average academic and college readiness. There is no parent involvement here unless it’s a PTC which happens once every nine weeks. There are a few teachers who do their job and have a want to educate students but most are here to draw a paycheck and halfway do their job and do not care about the future of their students.