Marsh Valley High School is a public school located in Arimo, ID. It has 366 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Marsh Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-52 Students
- B+37 Students
- B33 Students
- B26 Students
- A+25 Students
- A-20 Students
- B-14 Students
- A13 Students
- B10 Students
- C+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Marsh Valley High School Reviews
My experience with the educators and staff at Marsh Valley High School was great. The classroom sizes were small which allowed one on one communication between teachers and students and cultivated a comfortable learning environment. Throughout my time there, the school district did a great job of hiring new staff members that were interested in the education of the students and in helping them achieve their goals. While attending, I had the opportunity to participate in many sporting events, on the student council and in clubs that promoted drug free environments and individual wellness not only at the high school but also the middle and elementary schools within our district. One change I would like to see take place in the Marsh Valley School District would be hiring a new athletic director. This change would directly affect the high school by replacing old coaches and eliminating small-town politics that often interfere and allow more students the opportunity to participate.
I love Marsh Valley because it’s a school district that we can all call home. We are 8 towns that come to one school, and support each other however we can. The education is continually progressing, and the teachers are down to earth and very good at helping your become the best you can be. We may be small and rural however our athletes stand out amount our school rivalry’s. It’s an exceptionally safe school with a closed campus, and many programs and clubs to help keep students out of trouble. Marsh Valley is the best place if you enjoy close friendships and a home at school.
I have really enjoyed attending Marsh Valley because it is a close knit community full of kind, caring people! If I could change something, I would make it so that there are more learning opportunities for the students as well as updated equipment in the classrooms.