Mars Area Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mars, PA. It has 1,049 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Mars Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+141 Students
- A113 Students
- A-79 Students
- A+64 Students
- B-45 Students
- B45 Students
- B44 Students
- A+44 Students
- B39 Students
- A-38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Mars Area Senior High School
- APine-Richland High School
- Pine-Richland School District, PA
- 248 reviews
- A+Hampton High School
- Hampton Township School District, PA
- 191 reviews
- BShaler Area High School
- Shaler Area School District, PA
- 208 reviews
- B-Knoch High School
- South Butler County School District, PA
- 175 reviews
Mars Area Senior High School Reviews
Mars Area High School is a welcoming atmosphere with over 900 academically inclined students. Mars offers a variety of clubs that most schools would not including Key Club, American Field Services (AFS), Guitar Club, Interact Club, etc. The Senior High School also offers many opportunities to go on academic trips out of the county with your language courses for a real hands on experience. There are also many opportunities for students to enjoy academic clubs to improve public speaking skills, STEM networking and research, and even tutoring for those who need help and those who want the tutoring experience. Mars' range of classes can fit any students educational path with their extensive AP selection, business focused courses, and the opportunity to become part of the Planet Preschool student teachers and get a jump start on elementary education.
The Homecoming festivities are awesome! On Friday, student council always hires a DJ for lunch and for the pep rally. Throughout the week, students are encouraged to dress according to a theme for each day. The grade that has the most participation receives the Spirit Stick and $1,000 toward their prom fund, money that was greatly appreciated by the senior class this year! On Friday, every student is given a free t-shirt that we all wear to support anti-bullying. There is never a dull moment because the homecoming parade is after school, which many student clubs participate in. The football game is always a blast with the largest student section of the season, and we are all wearing our matching shirts. Then, on Saturday, the faculty and staff make sure that the dance is a safe and fun environment for the students.
This school is great for many reasons! It's very small and because of this classes are even easier to focus in. The students are very smart due to the great education they receive. Teachers are friendly and enjoy their job. While being relatable they still keep a hold on the class and keep us focused.