Marquette Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Marquette, MI. It has 979 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Marquette Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-227 Students
- A143 Students
- A+106 Students
- A96 Students
- B64 Students
- B+59 Students
- B+42 Students
- B+35 Students
- B34 Students
- B26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Marquette Senior High School
Marquette Senior High School Reviews
I love how welcoming Marquette Senior High School is to incoming students and how they offer programs for people who want to study abroad. Also, there is plenty of options for academics, arts, music, and more! However, if I could change anything, it would be how much funds are put into the art programs, music programs, and the metals shop and wood shop. Additionally, I would change the lunches since, not only are they not appetizing, but they don't seem to be that healthy since the fruit is rotting and the lunches themselves have too much grease.
At Marquette Senior High School, there are two categories in which we do well; academics and fine arts. Otherwise, however, it's nothing special. Our sports are somewhat questionable at times and diversity is pretty much nonexistent, but they offer a variety of AP classes and even options for dual enrollment at Northern Michigan University. Our fine arts department can compete with some of the more renowned downstate programs despite a drastic difference in funding. Additionally, we offer a variety of different ensembles to participate in.
Marquette Senior High School is an amazing educational facility with outstanding staff and school culture. The administration is constantly searching for the answers to problems that plague school districts nationwide- such as school safety, attendance, or student drug use. However, they do so in a fashion that respects the integrity of the students as independent young adults. The school system also gives a lot of power to the teachers. They often find creative ways to teach even the most traditionally boring of material. In this way, the students find a greater passion for learning with the help of key mentors- teachers and Marquette Senior High School staff.