Maroa-Forsyth Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Maroa, IL. It has 381 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Maroa-Forsyth Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+33 Students
- A+28 Students
- B21 Students
- C+20 Students
- B19 Students
- B+16 Students
- A15 Students
- A+14 Students
- A-14 Students
- A-13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Maroa-Forsyth Senior High School
- BWarrensburg-Latham High School
- Warrensburg-Latham Community Unit School District No. 11, IL
- 41 reviews
- B-Sangamon Valley High School
- Sangamon Valley Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- 19 reviews
- BMount Pulaski High School
- Mount Pulaski Community Unit School District No. 23, IL
- 28 reviews
- C+Clinton High School
- Clinton Community Unit School District No. 15, IL
- 34 reviews
Maroa-Forsyth Senior High School Reviews
Maroa- Forsyth High School is a small town school, with the same diversity as a small town in rural America; however, the educators and staff are top tier! The classes sizes are small which allows teachers to give very individualized attention. Unfortunately sports are at the center of the school culture, so those who do not have the best reputation. Being as the school is located in a small town it is hard to regain a good reputation.
I transferred to Maroa-Forsyth High School after going to a private school. I was amazed by how welcoming the faculty and student body were. There are many different opportunities for learning, including a wide range of various science and math classes. The school also has a great FFA chapter. As well as its strive for excellence with academics, the school has reputable sports teams which include the football, softball, baseball, and volleyball team. I would highly recommend Maroa-Forsyth High School.
So far, Maroa Forsyth has been a great environment with great curriculum and athletics! Most of the teachers are amazing but there are a select few who don't seem like they enjoy teaching! Wonderful sports teams! Music program needs more focus and the cafeteria food could be a lot better. But overall a great school.